• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Most power with cossie .48 housing

are you saying you have a .63 wheel in a .48 housing ?

just get the prequiite cossie housing , cost an arm and a leg mind .
There's no ".63 wheel". Stock volvo turbos have used both housings and they are interchangeable because the "stage 1" wheel used on the stock volvo T3 is the same regardless of .63 A/R or .48 A/R turbine housing used.

Stage 3 turbine wheel is larger than stock, and requires machining to fit in a .48 or .63 stock volvo t3 housing or a stock Cosworth housing (at least the housings I've seen).

The Cosworth housing didn't have a 3" outlet.

The Cosworth housing had a very direct flow path for the wastegate hole, but the turbine outlet was angled down towards the outlet into the downpipe. seemed like that could have been better, but probably not worth fussing about.

I went with the ATP Ultimate WG instead. 3" outlet, already setup for a v-band, so no welding to cast iron. turbine outlet points directly at the downpipe inlet. Plus I'm not using a T3 turbo so I couldn't use a Cosworth housing with my turbo, but I didn't really want to either, after having one in hand. I didn't like the 3-bolt flange either, but few do.

As with most threads that ask questions without specific background information, this one too has gone off topic. Try again, and ask specific questions about specific setups to get the best answers.

I dont need specific answers about specific setups because my setup isnt on an engine I would come here lookin for info about. This is the most common forum to find info about cossie housings, however, and also the forum I purchased mine from.

I've got what I needed, thanks.

I've seen in my own little hands plenty of dyno sheets showing power in the mid-high 300s-

With a stage 3 turbine wheel, you might squeak 400whp out of a 0.48. It won't be happy about it though. 300-350 is where it's be happiest like Johnzo says. :nod:

Original question din't say anything bout race days or removal....
This is what I do and suggest for the difficult to get to nuts"
getrempic3.php

That is of course if quick changes are needed---and then yes a V band clamp is much faster---it's just that was a side track thrown in by somebody, not even the same general subject area that he was asking about...

Here I was assuming that the more air you could get out of the combustion chamber, the more power you'd make. My bad. I'll stick to 2.5 exhausts and stick with small exhaust valves to keep velocity up.

Back