• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MrSams Pussy Wagon

MrSam

Grand Luxe Executive
You read right, and I have the keychain to back it up. :lol:

IMGP8850.jpg

In all seriousness, this is my project thread thing. Seems to be what the cool cats round these parts do.

The car: a 1989 740 Turbo Wagon. Bone stockety stock stock stock, with 168k miles on the clock. Needs a new exhaust, and the tdo5 smokes pretty bad. The in tank fuel pump wasn't running as well, but it turned out to just be the ground had come off.

IMGP8806.jpg

(night I got it home, March 6th) Picked it up for a cool $1200

The Man: A slightly unmotivated guy who you have all come to know/hate/love as MrSam.

Mar11_0011.jpg

(here he is in the freezer section at walmart with some bad ass sunglasses and a helmet he found in the frozen foods section)

More to come in a little while. I made a pork sandwich earlier and found halfway through that the bun was a bit blue. I think I need a while to go die or something.

Last edited:
Well, I thought I'd do the first post with a general background of everything.

Now class we are moving on.

240t man and I did a few things so far. Biggest was swapping out the 12b for another 12b (I know its not an upgrade, but the turbo only has 35k miles on it, and we had it laying around. Free is good).

You can see in the pic I blacked out the headlight trims and changed the grille out for my badged one. Also added my trademark front plate. The roof rack is also off here being painted black.

IMGP8831.jpg

Did a few other things during all of this. Including a Dave Barton boost gauge, and an mbc for the first mods.

IMGP8845.jpg

Drove car around for a bit after the turbo was in. Found a leak coming from the oil filter adapter arm. :grrr: First time the seal wasn't in it, next time we couldn't get the seal to set right. We found a 2nd 7/8ths wrench to get the oil cooler lines off so we can remove the adapter and set the seal right.

When the leak was found we had taken it out for a test drive. I had it set to 12psi, and man does it fly.
Once we fount it was losing oil we pulled over. Lucky thing is it was close to home.

102_1574.jpg

Side o the road pic.

We pushed it home with the 940

Last edited:
For a few other sillies. Here are some moar pics.

The car has a super nice interior.
IMGP8839.jpg

Gas pedal mod
IMGP8847.jpg

Stikar mod
IMGP8855.jpg

and this is what it looks like sitting in my driveway right now
IMGP8851.jpg

IMGP8853.jpg

IMGP8858.jpg

IMGP8856.jpg

Next things to be done are a new exhaust, and tail lights.

^ Nice!

How about swapping on your Virgos for a little poke?

I haven't tried fitting them yet. This car has ABS and the bigger rotors though, so I doubt they will fit. I've checked by eye to see the clearance and it doesn't look good. Plus the guy buying the sedan made an offer on the virgos as well.

The dracos also have much better tires. :nod:

Back