• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Msns

yozsi said:
i use the nb to tune , its not perfect but its close.
You will totally flip that sentence upside down when you start tuning with a wideband. Seriously. With a wide band it's STUPID EASY to tune the fuel side, just hit some keys until it reads the number you want it to. In boost you'll KNOW if you're rich enough. And the best thing (other than the accuracy) is that if you're pinging in boost and the wideband is reading 11.5, you KNOW that the ignition is too far advanced. With a narrow band you're constantly guessing "well is that chug/jerk/ping/hesitation/dead-spot fuel or spark related? hummm let's just mess with both tables till it's gone". With a wideband you know which side your problem is coming from.

I know it's kind of a lot of money for what is essentially a gauge, but I'm a cheapass and I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had to. My Tech edge kit was like $230 shipped, I assembled it myself. There's a LOT of freakin peices, but it's doable if you're comfortable with a soldering iron. I'd say it's probably twice as hard to build as a megasquirt board, just cause there's like 3 times as many resistors and crap.

John

yozsi said:
i use the nb to tune , its not perfect but its close.

Not close enough to be safe, at least for my taste. We're all walking a line, how thin do you want it to be?

Count, there are some programs like MST3K that allow you to tune more accurately than you could with just a NB 02 sensor alone. Honestly, I don't know much about it, (well, nothing really), but adrianpike does, and Matt Dupuis does/did.

yozsi said:
okay, your mechanic doesnt know wtf he is talking about.

well you're wrong. I've seen the narrow band have the same voltage for 15.5 and 12.1, but most of the time after about 13.5 the narrow band says peace out and drops to zero. Narrow bands lead to damaged motors. period.

The Aspirator said:
You will totally flip that sentence upside down when you start tuning with a wideband. Seriously. With a wide band it's STUPID EASY to tune the fuel side, just hit some keys until it reads the number you want it to. In boost you'll KNOW if you're rich enough. And the best thing (other than the accuracy) is that if you're pinging in boost and the wideband is reading 11.5, you KNOW that the ignition is too far advanced. With a narrow band you're constantly guessing "well is that chug/jerk/ping/hesitation/dead-spot fuel or spark related? hummm let's just mess with both tables till it's gone". With a wideband you know which side your problem is coming from.

I know it's kind of a lot of money for what is essentially a gauge, but I'm a cheapass and I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had to. My Tech edge kit was like $230 shipped, I assembled it myself. There's a LOT of freakin peices, but it's doable if you're comfortable with a soldering iron. I'd say it's probably twice as hard to build as a megasquirt board, just cause there's like 3 times as many resistors and crap.

John

I AGREE COMPLEATLY

NB tuneing is a waist of time and money in my book. Only those that have never had a wb to use would think otherwise. Borrow or buy a WB and get serious about tuneing.

Wideband is worth the money and definitely pwns narrowband. It makes tuning SOOO much easier and relieves a lot of stress because it takes the guess work out of tuning the fuel side. I've always heard that nbo2 was only accurate at stoich and at WOT?

Last edited:
my brand new nb dose not work for crap, but i have a broken exhaust stud....my freinds works very well up to 5psi the craps out every time

Back