• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My new winter beater

Good work, those solid upper torque mount bushings do fine on a manual, but always drove me nuts on autos at a stoplight.

FWIW, In regards to the dealer's comments about the rear subframe, that's not surprising. Seeing if a car can be aligned would generally only be given attention to when that is the task at hand. I've done pumps on 3 of these at work and I don't focus on anything other than what I have to do to drop it (unless there is some obvious, glaring problem) They often have dried up bushings in the whole rear suspension because most of those parts are NLA. I used too try to sell them on xc90s and the like, and we could never get them ?\_(ツ)_/? Unless the customer said something specifically about an issue the dealership would probably just ship the car. Also, on an older car like this the dealer mentality is to avoid a comeback, even if that means replacing the whole subframe.

The last time it was at the dealer for an alignment it took the alignment. It has been driving perfectly straight since then. Sometimes I think it's down to who does it?

I also remember for awhile the dealer was blaming its equipment for the poor alignment jobs. The V70R at one point went back 3 times in a row... :grrr:

I wish I knew of a shop that specialized in suspension work around here. I live in the land of brodozers, SUVs and jeeps, so nobody much cares about handling characteristics. The dealer is my safest bet.

No alignment shops around? I have a few in the area that will only do alignments, they don’t replace any parts. Bummer.

Back