• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NASA Mid-Atlantic Autumn DoubleCross 11/20 & 12/4

mAydAy

Fabricatin'
http://www.get-fast.net/nasacross/doublecross.html

8 Runs each person on a very large, very technical, high speed professionally designed course. Spectating and ride-alongs are free. To drive, its only $60 for BOTH days (Non-members $70. One day Member: $35, One day Non-Member $40). Thats only $3.75 a run, beat that!

There are prizes to be had for the best scores from the two events also. Come out and see what your car can do in a safe controlled environment and enjoy some of the last events of the season!

I might have to do 4 runs in my car, then see if I can best it with 4 runs in teh racing car.

towerymt said:
I might have to do 4 runs in my car, then see if I can best it with 4 runs in teh racing car.
You're welcome to it. Maybe I could run 4 in yours also and see how the different setups compare, we'll see how things work out.

You'll get more than 8 runs if we run on schedule (IE not too many cars breaking/going off course).

mikep said:
I might be able to do the second one.
C'mon down then, you're welcome to stay here, and I'd imagine you've always got your sisters house (She's down that direction iirc)

You can pencil me in for now for shooting video & photos on the 20th. As far as I can tell my schedule is open.

schaff70 said:
You can pencil me in for now for shooting video & photos on the 20th. As far as I can tell my schedule is open.
Awesome, I need as much video as I can get, I'm going to use footage for a project for school. Maybe you can go for a ride or two, hopefully it'll be a bit less interesting than the last ride......

Hmm, I could definitely go for some in-car video. Todd, do you have any mounts for the cameras to attach them to the car? I have a nice strong tripod that could probably be secured on the floor behind the driver.

towerymt said:
Hmm, I could definitely go for some in-car video. Todd, do you have any mounts for the cameras to attach them to the car? I have a nice strong tripod that could probably be secured on the floor behind the driver.
I've got an aluminum tripod, but no in-car mounts. We could probably rig up something to the passenger seat headrest. As long as it has a hole through it to mount the camera. I can try to pick up some longer bolts to fit the camera. Is your passenger seat stock? I can fab something up at home & bring it with me. If not, you might have to work on something on your own to bring.
I'll have my small Sony digital 8 camera, plus I should be able to bring a professional Canon XL-1 digital video camera also, maybe 2 if I do enough sweet-talking at work. Down the road I want to pick up an external mount for a video camera. Would make for some fun videos.

Just got aligned today to get ready.
Toe: .01 left .02 right
Caster: 3.66 left 3.63 right
Camber: -1.78 Left -1.84 right

Mmmmm, tastey.

mikep said:
Looks good. What spring and bar rates?
350# 7" coilover front 300# 5x11 rear
23mm front 22 mm rear

R-Sport front struts
Gabriel Max Control rear shocks (The stiffest Suburban ones out there I could get other than the Bilstein HD's which aren't noticeably stiffer...)

So far the very very very little bit I've tested feels good, but the autocross will truely be the first time ever running it. Should give me a clue as to how it behaves and how to tweak the suspension accordingly. I need to make adjustable panhard (Or even better a watts linkage!) and adj torque rods, and put in my poly bushings. Poly control arm bushings should give me some more negative camber up front also.

we should def. get on the bushings tip

and all that adjustable biznass will take some time to fab, unless you're buying premade...which i doubt :-P

anyway, yea, we gotta get my bushings done up front and get the poly's for the 940 done

what mods are allowed for stock classes?

1 afternoon and I'll have the torque rods and panhard made, I just need to get around to it and get my rod stock, jam nuts and rod ends. I'm pondering this winter selling the bushings and redoing pretty much everything bushed in rod ends, and what I don't do with rod ends I'll machine out of Delrin so theres no give at all....Barstock graphite impregnated bushing quality delrin isn't too expensive and I've got the Poly ones to model after. All depends on time and stuff.

Back