• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

I plan on lifting my '87 245 DL, make it into a camper, take it to Big Bend NP. Go on the Old Ore Road to the Ernst Tinaja,, hot springs, Old Maverick Road, etc. My wife and I have been there 7 times now. Will maybe V8 it, have all the parts.

I plan on lifting my '87 245 DL, make it into a camper, take it to Big Bend NP. Go on the Old Ore Road to the Ernst Tinaja,, hot springs, Old Maverick Road, etc. My wife and I have been there 7 times now. Will maybe V8 it, have all the parts.

I would definitely suggest the V8 - cheaper, more reliable, better power, more parts, more hrsprs than you could ever get with a redblock.

the stock B230F ****ing hates big tires and lifts, dog**** slow, much unpleasant.

Heck yes, tune appt at Wongs next WEDNESDAY! Good timing on that 8.8 cuz we're gonna dust the stock Volvo setup very quickly.

As promised...

4nlAuZU.jpg

Such a cool car! Even better for the extra power. I had never seen a lifted Volvo before, now I want one for our trips up to Scotland. Another project…

Such a cool car! Even better for the extra power. I had never seen a lifted Volvo before, now I want one for our trips up to Scotland. Another project?

Thanks man, it's been a riot to drive. Ordered a new waterpump, didn't like the hose routing from the other one. Plus I'm adding a port for the steam vent so the install looks much cleaner.

Once that's done we'll go out to the woods and shake it down a bit on some old logging roads.

Thats pretty sweet looking. Is it legit street legal with those lights, or do you trailer to places?

Totally not street legal but we don't have inspections so its fully licensed and insured. The cops around here don't care and I don't drive it at night on public roads since the lights would probably burn a few retinas....

Installed Bilstein HD's from a Nissan Titan on the rear and BNE lifty coilovers on the front. Hopefully I have time to swap the torque converter over before IPD this weekend.

Last edited:
Update on our '87 wagon, installed the 3" kit from BDW, very well made. Removed the back seat bottom and back, built a framework up to the back of the front seats to extend the floor with a hinged panel so we have storage under it. New tires, Yokohama Geolander 235/75/15, new rims from VP, new shocks, new rotors, I cross drilled all of them [120 holes per rear rotor, 240 counter sinks per rotor, 110 holes on each front rotor + 220 counter sinks per rotor]. Made an under tray in 1/8" aluminum. Will start working on the roof mount for the spare and a ladder on the tailgate. Will go over the axel with the exhaust and a new mount for the Panhard bar to get it parallel to the axel again. Hope to have it done in another month. Will get pictures up soon.

Started a new job and all of my other vehicles have needed so much maintenance this year, wtf? Finally getting close to working on this again, once I've replaced the transmission in my 86 Beauville van...

The list is surprisingly short now:

New accelerator pedal - find one that bolts in nicely and gives enough space between the pedal and brake - the cobbled together one that's in there is very unsafe
Install new torque converter - the one in there has too high of a stall so it just constantly pushes the car forward
Install new digital gauge cluster - gotta keep an eye on the deets so it doesn't go explodey

Any updates? You ever make it out to Hood River? Holler if so, love to see this thing!
Yo. I'm moving it into the shop this next weekend to swap in the new torque converter and a new accelerator pedal. Then starts the shakedown process.

Back