• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Painting valve covers

Does anybody polish the aluminum anymore?? I did on my 78 245,and it looked very good. It adds the shiny,racy look. You can polish it yourself if you buy a buffing wheel and jewelers rouge from Sears,and use it on a polisher/angle grinder lightly clamped in a vise. Just be sure to clean it well before installing.

my old one

1224670669_resized.jpg

My new one
1227036334_resized.jpg

Some more valve covers painted by a friend of mine
1227036331_resized.jpg

1232273489_resized.jpg

1232273490_resized.jpg

My volvo 240 valve cover is spraypainted all white. It doesnt look bad for spraypaint and matches the color of the car. I'll get a pic up later.

This is not mine, nor is it a volvo, but its one of my favorites.

WBVC-1.jpg

The skulls are not really up my street but I see the talent, I cant see the appeal of skull or whatever on the valve cover.

The flames are amazing, so real looking.

Wow, get him signed up on here and he could be earning some cash. Valve covers are easier to find and ship right?

Hey Freq, have you ever seen any of the Datsun guys in Seattle rolling around with the rising sun on the hood? I see you're from Seattle, you're avatar reminded me of them..

cool, i think it gets too much when you paint the whole cover in a diff color. i was a body kid meself and sprayed just the letters in a laser blue matching my other enginebay components and then i did a really extencive multilayer black with metallic sparcle. when you look at it it looks like you can see right in to the paint like 3feet!! got lots of comments on it and just an idea.

Back