• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

OK. Wait a sec, I'm confused again.

We want to draw blow-by out of the crank case with vacuum? If I snap a glove on the oil fill and it inflates, we have pressure? And that's bad?

OK. Wait a sec, I'm confused again.

We want to draw blow-by out of the crank case with vacuum? If I snap a glove on the oil fill and it inflates, we have pressure? And that's bad?

You are correct.
Harald's car just has some excessive blowby for some reason.

If he got the oil drain squared away he should be set, I think?

Sounds like he just wants to make sure, I can understand that! Did you reseal the engine before putting it in?

My oil pan has leaked by the rear main seal cover ever since I went +T. Have not fixed it yet. Once I have the engine cross member out for shortening I will replace the pan gasket again and hope it doesn?t leak. I?m with you on hating leaks for sure.

Are you *sure* it's the RMS?

The front main seal can also leak and let oil run down along the pass side seam between block and oil pan and then collect/drip from the bellhousing area.

I replaced a RMS and oil pan gasket only to realize that the source of oil was really coming from the front of the engine.

Are you *sure* it's the RMS?

The front main seal can also leak and let oil run down along the pass side seam between block and oil pan and then collect/drip from the bellhousing area.

I replaced a RMS and oil pan gasket only to realize that the source of oil was really coming from the front of the engine.

Excellent. I'll take a look. As I say, I thought it was the RMS. But now that I have the trans out, I'm not so sure. I'll check the front too.

Think I found a "peg" clutch fork and hardware. May get trans back in this week. Woot!

Pick up the torque arms from the machine shop this afternoon. Took out the squeaky poly bushings and installed IPD rubber.

New turbo drain upper gasket, tube and short bolts in hand. Hoping for the best.

I'm thinking about getting a Corolla with a 2TG.

My oil pan has leaked by the rear main seal cover ever since I went +T. Have not fixed it yet. Once I have the engine cross member out for shortening I will replace the pan gasket again and hope it doesn?t leak. I?m with you on hating leaks for sure.

Shortening?

LC4CARL said:
Pick up the torque arms from the machine shop this afternoon. Took out the squeaky poly bushings and installed IPD rubber

Are you sure it was the torque rods? Mine do not squeak. That?s weird. Could be something else...

Shortening?

Yeah so I can lay the frame out without hitting the crossmember/oil pan on the ground. Because chicks dig you layin frame!

Are you sure it was the torque rods? Mine do not squeak. That?s weird. Could be something else...

Yeah so I can lay the frame out without hitting the crossmember/oil pan on the ground. Because chicks dig you layin frame!

Pretty sure. Probably just my car.

That's soo cool. First class build. Once I get mine running, let's tear it apart and put her on air.

:lol:

5UWH6k3h.jpg

So much to see here. Does your catch-can go to the OE flame trap or a Yoshi plate? Blue hoses rock! Do you think the plate gives better "draw" on the crank case than the flame trap? And, are you "drawing" from both the valve cover and the crank?

Back