• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

My youngest graduated from HS Saturday. Crazy week. People coming and going. Hauled 20 chairs and 3 tables in the back. No problem. My eldest graduates from college this Saturday.

Dad and I ran some errands. Had a blast running the Oregon back roads catching up. He thought the 245 was fun. Other Volvo drivers wave. It's fun to be "in the club."

"You know they offered these with turbo motor." offers dad.

"Is that right?" says I.

Sold the dirt bike. Hadn't ridden it since September. Same old story, not enough time to play. Probably pay down some debt and put some tires on baby. And that timing belt.

Car is running well. Need to get those bad struts off the front. She bottoms too easily. Pretty pleased with the look with the bumper trim and the air dam extension.

050-M.jpg

040-M.jpg

042-M.jpg

Two hours in on the T-belt (hey, it's my first time). Cam seal was the big leak. All of them where rock hard. Hope to button it up tomorrow. Be nice not to leave oil marks everywhere.

Centered the rear with the new panhard rod. Wasn't too far off.

Good to know. The directions in the box must have been generic, they kept warning not to turn the pulleys with belt off.

Now that the oil leak is mended, I put the belly pan under the motor for the first time. And Momma's happy as the car no longer smells like burning oil as we cruise metro Portland...

Well, I had to decide whether to get a "sleeve" of Volvo tattoos or a new set of tires with the last of the moto money. But I don't like needles...

Went with some BFG sport tires. 215/55R16. Replacing the 205/55's. Slightly wider, slightly taller. I was thinking about going lower on the suspension, but with this tire, the fenders look fuller so I'm good. Plus we'll have decent ground clearance and wheel travel.

Nothing like a new set of treads. The car drives beautifully. All-seasons would have been the wiser choice, but I like the racy look of the sport tire and anything will be better than the Bald Eagles they replace.

008-M.jpg

011-M.jpg

012-M.jpg

019-M.jpg

017-M.jpg

Money check: We were at $2300. So, $300 to IPD for the T-belt, panhard rod, etc, $500 for tires, say another $200 somewhere. So $3300 all in. Good and "upside down" as they say. Oh look! A chrome gas cap! I need that...

Going on my first road trip with the car Sunday. Over 100 miles. Whew! Got my AAA card and some road flares. I'm good to go.

:wtf:

Took the Mrs. and my 19-year-old daughter out in the country to the farmer's market. I had my daughter behind the wheel for the second time (first time was in a parking lot). She did great shifting gears for the first time. "Why do I find 4th, when I'm looking for 2nd?!"

Riding shot gun in the 245 was most tranquil. Everybody we met asked me: "How do you like those new BFG's?"

004-M.jpg

015-M.jpg

017-M.jpg

019-M.jpg

Cool temps, light morning traffic, winding 3-4th gear road (Oregon Hwy 6) following the river to the coast, sticky tires: Yeah baby! The brick was in her element today. Starting to have some confidence in her reliability and handling. Actually had the thought that she could use a bit more power today. Imagine that.

Fifth gear is much noisier than the rest in my M47. Normal?

001-M.jpg

Back