• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pics of your Volvo.

LaSSiss, looks perfect!
So you got pulled over obviously, any punishment!?
/ sven

Thank You :) IT was the second day after my engine swap so i need to "besikta" . Engine , and wheels , they did not like tyre strech and the MK18 whit 06 Offset ;) now its in winter storage and i will Get the papers done when the snow is gone

Thank You :) IT was the second day after my engine swap so i need to "besikta" . Engine , and wheels , they did not like tyre strech and the MK18 whit 06 Offset ;) now its in winter storage and i will Get the papers done when the snow is gone

I still can't believe your inspections are so strict.

Where I live, if the car can drive to the inspection shop, you're good to go.

Where I live, they don't do regular inspections, but if you're caught on the roads with something stupid, you get sent to an authorized inspection facility (usually independent garages).

Most people don't get caught, and there are a lotttt of idiots out there...

Where I live, they don't do regular inspections, but if you're caught on the roads with something stupid, you get sent to an authorized inspection facility (usually independent garages).

Most people don't get caught, and there are a lotttt of idiots out there...

In theory, if you get pulled over, the cop COULD check for missing emissions equipment or improperly modified components (maybe? I think?), but that never happens.

The only times I know of people getting ticketed for modifications is during events like H2Oi or something where the cops want to run the stanced idiots out of town.

In theory, if you get pulled over, the cop COULD check for missing emissions equipment or improperly modified components (maybe? I think?), but that never happens.

The only times I know of people getting ticketed for modifications is during events like H2Oi or something where the cops want to run the stanced idiots out of town.

Even then the OC cops are cool about it. Every STAnCE BRUH that got ticketed or impounded was given fair warning. I heard a cop tell one dummy "Look, you can't drive this here. You can tell me how safe it is, but it doesn't matter. If I see you again you'll get ticketed and impounded." I'd say it's pretty cool that he gave him a chance to park his car, enjoy the weekend, and leave town with his car.

Here you got a EU inspection every 2 years and allmoast any modification has to be approved by the inspection facilities. It's very strict here, much easier in Sweden :)

Here you got a EU inspection every 2 years and allmoast any modification has to be approved by the inspection facilities. It's very strict here, much easier in Sweden :)

As long as it's not engine stuff it's pretty free here. And btw why is it called EU inspection when you're not a member fo the EU? :-P

We have a safety inspection every time the ownership changes names, and emissions tests every 2 years on anything 1988 or newer. Have an 87? Never sell it, it never needs any kind of inspection ever again.

We have a safety inspection every time the ownership changes names, and emissions tests every 2 years on anything 1988 or newer. Have an 87? Never sell it, it never needs any kind of inspection ever again.

Nothing where I live, no safety insp. no emissions testing it's run what ya brung.

Although I wish we had a yearly safety insp.

Even then the OC cops are cool about it. Every STAnCE BRUH that got ticketed or impounded was given fair warning. I heard a cop tell one dummy "Look, you can't drive this here. You can tell me how safe it is, but it doesn't matter. If I see you again you'll get ticketed and impounded." I'd say it's pretty cool that he gave him a chance to park his car, enjoy the weekend, and leave town with his car.

yeah, as long as you dont act like a total **** you'll get the warning.

Girlfriend bought this for $450 in July or August with no exhaust and barely driveable. Sold it this monday. Turned out pretty nice, still has some minor body damage on the passenger side.

DSC_1130_zpshoumqazm.jpg

DSC_1132%20Large_zps7vj3lmxz.jpg

DSC_1138%20Large_zpsv29r9eww.jpg

DSC_1144%20Large_zps8wlwm8tr.jpg

DSC_1146%20Large_zps0ulaq32r.jpg

DSC_1136%20Large_zps38ab6ani.jpg

DSC_1135%20Large_zpsbpobskpn.jpg

frBNZDCl.jpg

xNM2e1ul.jpg

PZK91xzl.jpg

fuRKaYgl.jpg

dOU9x59l.jpg

PaJWe11l.jpg

despite being bounced about like a billiard ball, my V70R has now joined the rest of my Volvos in the not-at-fault "deal more damage to other vehicles than they deal to you" club. assuming I can get away with just a new tailgate and bumper, anyway.

Back