• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Random No-start(s)

Chino

X8lX8 (figure it out)
1990 244DL 5-speed

This is the second time in the past 2 months this happened.

Go out to my car this morning, tried to start, will not turn over. Everything works (lights, heater, everything). Voltage is good on the battery. Didn't have time to get into it too much this morning (was 5:30 in the morning).

Last time, I tried jumping it with my truck, and it still had nothing. I let it sit for a while, tried it again (maybe an hour later) and it fired right up.

Ideas?

I drive it everyday and it sits over night. It did rain/snow/sleet for a while last night.

Thanks
Chino

Nex time it does that try jumping the terminals on the starter with a screw driver.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok,

got home from work, tried jumping it, nothing. Just clicks. Doesn't even turn over.

Tried screwdriver on the starter trick, just spun the starter, didn't try to turn over. Tried key again. Started up after a couple tries. Ran it around the block, got it up to temp. Turned it off, started it about 3 times. Then nothing. back to what it was before. Full juice across the board, just won't turn over.

That's what I have been doing. So starter? That is what I am leaning towards. I'll be doing some more troubleshooting tonight.

Starter spins fast but motor doesn't turn over at all? I'd be parking on hills and looking for a spare starter.

If the starter spun fast and engine didnt spin at all, starter need a service. Although it might be easier to replace the starter, but you can also repair it. Your choise.

Back