• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

realtime baro settings making MS crap out

beepee

how hard can it be?
Twice this has happened.

1. Drive somewhere, cut off car.
2. Spend an hour or so wherever.
3. Get back in car, primes but no start.
4. TunerStudio complains of config error, which I can't recall exactly but it was something to do with the I/O pin assigned to the baro sensors.
5. Disable realtime baro, power cycle, start car
6. Re-enable realtime baro, burn, power cycle, everything is still good

After this, I can start and restart the car as much as I want, no problem. But it seems like if I let it sit with realtime baro enabled, something gets ****ed and the settings get corrupt.

Both baro sensors are working (tested on bench). It's the DIYautotune mapdaddy 4bar and I am confident it's installed properly. Used the same pin for realtime baro as in the DIY guide, and the sensor responds correctly.

so, wtf?

I am pretty sure that nothing is. Only modifications to my MS are:
TIP122 for PWM IAC (that is disabled currently)
2xBIP373 for future wasted spark (also currently disabled, using one of the LED output pins to directly drive a bosch ignitor)

The realtime baro is connected to JS5, just as it is in the DIYAutoTune guide.

Does anything else use JS5 by default? I assumed that it was 'free'; there are too many ****ing dialogs in tunerstudio to figure out what every I/O pin is utilized for in a sane matter.

What version of MS are you running? MS2?

Yeah, it's MS2/Extra... can't remember the version, but I checked a few weeks ago and it was one revision behind current. Latest patch notes don't say anything about baro input.

Can you just run it without a baro sensor? Are you tuning it in alpha n or speed density?

Only speed density.

I have the baro turned off currently and it works fine, but it's annoying... I bought it, and I want it to work dammit! And it DID work, and it does work. It's just like MS gets confused about the pin assignment, even though it shows correct in the configuration. But it won't start until I disable and re-enable baro correction. WTF.

When you are only using one sensor it will get the barometric pressure for that instance. So while driving it can obviously change, but it won't know what because it's still using the past value as the base.

Back