• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Rear Window Louvers..

About those louvers...

• Keep on searching!

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Make your own!

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Louvers only look good on the back of a camaro!

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Where was your screwdriver when you saw it on another car..

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

BritishBrick

I LOVE THESE

I have searched the world and only found 2.. a broken one and one attached to a car. I left a note.

Does anyone know where these can be bought? does anyone know if there is another cars window louver that fits? can anyone save me from measuring mustang and camaro rear windows to check comparable fitment..

Thanks in advance y'all!:-P

ohhhh - googled them. never seen em on a volvo. i've only seem them on 80's era cameros and maybe datsun's - i think you'd have to measure the mustangs and camers's and see if they would fit.

100_3860.jpg

They were made... By Auto-Plas out of England I believe. I have three sets, NO I do not want to sell any...
They are totally bitchen, plus they save your interior, without having to resort to window tinting. And I think a different
company made them also, they were aluminum, and had hinges at the top and a prop rod so you could lift them to clean the glass.
Good luck, and expect to pay $300.00 or more when you do find some :)

i'm trying to figure out why you have 3 sets and 1 car? Heard anyone make them more recent - looks like auto plas has stopped selling these..

If it's any help or info for you..........

That red 240 is mine, and those are OEM Volvo window louvers in the pic. It has VOLVO cast into the plastic, so I'm sure.

It's made of what i believe to be ABS plastic. I only have the louvers and two of the mounts which slid under the glass rubber seal.

I am missing the other two mounts & the center rod brace. Got lucky and found them in Fayetteville,NC, in leftover parts from a closed Dealership. And was lucky in that it has no cracks and is unbroken, and in pretty good shape save a little fading.There were some aftermarket aluminum ones there too, but someone else got them. IIRC he is a TBer too.

In that pic it's just laying on the car, unattached. Thinking about using double backed tape to hold it on. They are laying on the dining room table right now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the amazing writeup! Would you ever consider selling what you have? I'm building up a 16v + t and I think that this, the spoiler, flat hood may help it look a little more angry...

Thanks for the amazing writeup! Would you ever consider selling what you have? I'm building up a 16v + t and I think that this, the spoiler, flat hood may help it look a little more angry...
Not at this time. I haven't even finished my build of that car. Hope to be finished in a couple of months at the latest. At which time I'll install the louvers and see how/if I like driving with them on.

I've hunted for this rear window louver for 20+ years. I had alomost given up hope & got lucky as hell. I've never driven a 240 sedan with window louvers so I'm unsure if I'll like them or not. I'll have to see.

Yeah, some of the other Aus guys grab them when they find them and sell them on here.
Maybe poke your nose in the Bruce thread and ask...Angus might have a set hiding around...

Back