• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Replacement caliper recommendations

woodenpudden

lacks goats
Hoping some of you enterprising, knowledgeable, or maybe just really good-looking people can chime in:

1991 244, ABS, seized front caliper.

Do I go the unknown reman. route(NAPA Altrom, $89) or seek a non-rusty OE caliper from across the country? This is the land of rusty, sticky calipers and I do not have any spares to help piece this one back together. Not sure if it's Girling or ATE, will check when I get home and update this post.

Any prior experience you can share is greatly appreciated.

Get a reman caliper from AutoZone. Lifetime warranty. When I just want a new looking caliper I take the "old" one off and get a replacement. I usually keep spare rusty ones around this way no down time, no core charge. I go there with old, take the reman out of the box and place my rusty one in the box and out the door.

Thanks for the input. I may go with NAPA reman. but was more curious to hear if anyone has had different luck with reman. vs. not-seized junkyard stock.

I always buy the Napa gold reman units. Haven't had a bum one yet, and they paint them during the reman so you don't have to (or you don't have to look at a rusty a** looking caliper).

Back