• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 Restarted engine without AMM hooked-up ...

Forg

... and even though it seems to run perfectly, the 'check engine' light's still on.
Do these need a reset of some sort to clear error-codes when they detect Something Bad?
Any info please?

Clearing OBD codes is generally accomplished through a scanner plugged into the OBD port. Some codes will self-clear, but they take a long time, and won't always clear.

Also, without an AMM, the engine likely goes into a limp mode of sorts. Why aren't you using an AMM?

You can reset IC's check engine light by pressing the reset button, or if it is not working, remove IC, and trip the lever on back manually.
Check engine light will be off when ya reinstall the IC.

Also, OP, quite often the check engine light will illuminate for things that don't affect how the car runs. Anything from a loose gas cap to a misfire will activate it.

And why am I thinking this thread is about an 850? I'm also not sure why I rambled on about OBD scanners...you didn't specify a year/make/model. Somehow in my head, I just imagined it was an 850. Sorry 'bout that.

Back