• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

snap crackle pop

90volvo

Seems like the new things is have you car pop out the exhaust when you let up on throttle. Seems like it would be easy to do with megasquirt. Looks like you reduce the timing alot, like 0 degrees. My quiestion has anybody done it and would it be hard on the engine. I thought Id try if just once for the fun of it.
Thanks for any advice and or wisdom.

I thought this was gonna be a physics question.

It's hard on cats. Anything downstream of the exhaust port, really. And my ears.

Dump fuel and pull all the timing.

i did it for 'sperimentation but on lh/ezk.

disable decel fuel cut and set decel area of timing map from 6 to 0 degree depending on how much you want to rile up the local tweens

it turned my header pipe purple

If you do this, I will never do head work for you again :lol:

I am about to lose it on the next burble tuned Audi or BMW I see.

It's fun til the muffler explodes.

Actually it was still pretty fun after that too.

Being serious, it was fun for about 3 days then I turned it all off.

i had it for a few weeks now i got a new exhaust(3" dp to dual 2" under axle to 2 stock small middle muffler now rear mufflers) i did delete the cat 3ish years ago. -10 sound like gun shots -5 sounded alot better without the ringing in the ears. decel cut off,-10? timing from 2500rpm to 7500 at really high vacuum so it only happens when you manually shift into a lower gear. fuel consumption went up alot so not worth it. i run rolling antilag so that probably will end my brand new 250? ebay china 19t rather early. just gives another reason to go twin turbo 19t

If you do this, I will never do head work for you again :lol:

I am about to lose it on the next burble tuned Audi or BMW I see.

-- LOL, funny I have a head Im about to send to ya. I just want to do it for a day or two, Im just running a glass pack and ex. runs out the side. I imagine its gonna be way loud and drive me nut after a while. No worries culberro, I dont think you will hear me as IM in Missouri. LOL

Never liked it, but do like me some flat shift spark cut. just make sure to keep the revs up when you spank the clutch and watch the innocent bystanders hit the deck

To me, that's just the current equivalent of the fart can exhaust. "Look at me, I have a slow car, but, I'm imagining and trying to project that it's fast".

Oh god. There was a slammed FRS tuned like this that drove under the Wilsonville bridge the other day. The driver did the whole obnoxious bit, and it made me jump! Attention grabber, for sure. But maybe not the right kind of attention.

Skip the burble tune and go straight to ALS. We got passed by an audi on i5 at night that was doing the whole ALS while off throttle. Lots of flames!

looks good

Skip the burble tune and go straight to ALS. We got passed by an audi on i5 at night that was doing the whole ALS while off throttle. Lots of flames!

Never heard of it but just looked it up. Makes sense but I like to keep things simple as possible. That looks like alot of fabbing. Still working on my welding skills. Buying a tig next so I can build an intake for sons car. I appreciate ya culberro you have helped me many times.

You guys are over thinking the need to fiddle with the ECU to do this.

Starting around 1970 ish, Honda and probably other Japanese motorcycle manufacturers started equipping their motorcycles with an engine kill switch mounted on the throttle cable housing on the handle bar. The switch circuit was simple, as I recall it just lifted the ground connection on the coil primary. Curious individuals found that while driving you could apply the switch momentarily causing the engine and headers to fill with fuel and air mix. Returning the switch to the run position would result in a rather spectacular explosion in the exhaust system. Depending on the engine running conditions and the duration of the application of the engine kill switch you could get a rather spectacular jet of flame from the tail pipes. Very effective at getting tail-gaters to back off.

Not the annoying pop pop pop of trailing throttle over run; but, visually much more spectacular and loud and easy to do. All you need is a switch to kill the ignition briefly. Won't work on MS1 and 2 if you use the coil as a tach input because you need the fuel system to keep dumping fuel into the engine during ignition shut down. It is the ultimate mis-fire so it will probably terminate your catalytic converters tout de suite and might make short work of your O2 sensors. Any marginal exhaust system plumbing may succumb quickly to the significant shock wave. Plastic bumper covers may also take a hit if they are not well clear of the tail pipe.

This was definitely an NA thing with motorcycles. Don't know how it is going to work with a turbo.

Ahh the good old bad days of carbs. I have a neighbor who bought a newer dodge charger and it sounds like there is NO exhaust. Makes horrible loud engine noises. It's sad because it's not even a good sounding system. Just super loud and blatty with over run popping. :bleh:

Back