• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Svea - 1968 220 -

I was thinking, when I go +t I might do 2 of these in the grill holes
BOITCL-FC3S+BOPP-FC3S.jpg

ABSOLUTELY!!! If you make it up here, I'll buy you a beer, if I bring it down you'll have to show me where the good brews are!

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me... And if you do come here, there are plenty of places to go for a good brew.

I'm getting it ready for the Neon Nights Cruise and Car show this weekend, So much progress will be made this week. Mock up door panels are going in for the week (just sheet metal screwed in) and when I get some time I'll coat them in fiberglass with correct fasteners and put some speakers in the bottom, Kirkeys for the front seats are going in *hopefully* tomorrow after work, and I gotta cover the rear floor with something other than primer, so truck bed liner will go on tomorrow or wednesday. Then the under side of the hood needs some attention, and I'll clean up the wiring/hose routing. The cruise on Friday night starts at 6 and goes until the bars close (The Dalles usually rolls the sidewalks up at 6, but once a year, you can be as loud as you want till 11) Car show starts at 9-goes til 2~3?

And tell me more about this cruise! It sounds like a blast, and maybe I'll even have my car ready to be road worthy by then (still wouldn't be completely finished at that point). Do you have to sign anything to be in it, or do you just show up and hang out with everyone?

Are you going to leave the door panels with bare metal or are you going to have interior be put in? I actually like the idea of metal door panels, but it depends on the car and style, etc...

The cruise is open to anyone, usually about 2000-3000 cars in total come out for it, theres a corvette club and some guys from Canada that come out every year… And the cars come out in all sorts of stages, from "just got it running barn finds" to perfect fit and finish. Last year I drove my car with no windows or windshield.

The door panels are masonite, painted black for the moment. I will glass them then I might reverse the paint on the interior. Solid black with touches of coppery lace

Last edited:
So I got my Kirkeys last night, and installed the drivers seat... Need to swap back to my itty bitty Grant steering wheel though
IMG_2167%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_2169%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_2170%5B1%5D.JPG

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics, I'll get some proper pics when both are in.

The cruise is open to anyone, usually about 2000-3000 cars in total come out for it, theres a corvette club and some guys from Canada that come out every year? And the cars come out in all sorts of stages, from "just got it running barn finds" to perfect fit and finish. Last year I drove my car with no windows or windshield.

The door panels are masonite, painted black for the moment. I will glass them then I might reverse the paint on the interior. Solid black with touches of coppery lace

Sounds pretty awesome! I'm definitely interested and would love to come. And luckily my glass guy is putting the front and rear windows in Thursday. And speaking of, I can't even imagine driving my car that far without windows in it. :omg:

I think it would make the trip a little more exciting but it would definitely be breezy on the freeway. :rofl:

Sounds pretty awesome! I'm definitely interested and would love to come. And luckily my glass guy is putting the front and rear windows in Thursday. And speaking of, I can't even imagine driving my car that far without windows in it. :omg:

I think it would make the trip a little more exciting but it would definitely be breezy on the freeway. :rofl:

Ah, just like riding a motorcycle, I rocked my wagon that way for 3 weeks with just sunglasses :cool:

Ah, just like riding a motorcycle, I rocked my wagon that way for 3 weeks with just sunglasses :cool:

So true... And I've been debating about driving it without windows, but I'm worried that I would get pulled over or something... Although what an officer say to you, besides laughter.

Officer: "Hey kid, do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Nope"
Officer: "You have a burnt out tail light.. You may want to get that fixed."
Me: "Will do officer, have a good day."
Officer: "Thanks, and you may want to fix your windows... This thing isn't a convertible, and doesn't look very safe."
Me: "I will, thanks again."

:omg:

Anywho, I cant wait to see the seats installed. Are you going to just make up some simple bottom cushions? Or are you just gooing to go tough guy/iron ass and leave it the way it is?

So true... And I've been debating about driving it without windows, but I'm worried that I would get pulled over or something... Although what an officer say to you, besides laughter.

Officer: "Hey kid, do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Nope"
Officer: "You have a burnt out tail light.. You may want to get that fixed."
Me: "Will do officer, have a good day."
Officer: "Thanks, and you may want to fix your windows... This thing isn't a convertible, and doesn't look very safe."
Me: "I will, thanks again."

:omg:

Anywho, I cant wait to see the seats installed. Are you going to just make up some simple bottom cushions? Or are you just gooing to go tough guy/iron ass and leave it the way it is?

They will be padded in a rat rod ish fashion? like this
rod-riguez-hot-rod-3.jpg

And I did get pulled over? handed him my reg, license and insurance through the open windshield? He said that since I had a wiper he couldn't give me a ticket, but it was "unsafe" just after he said that a guy on a big harley rode by with a piece of leather on his head, and I giggled? Asked why he didn't pull him over, he said "well I like the paint, have a good afternoon"

They will be padded in a rat rod ish fashion? like this
rod-riguez-hot-rod-3.jpg

I think that would be sweet. I've always really enjoyed seats that look like that as they have a very robust look to them, and if you get the right type of foam (I would do high density memory foam) it will be extremely comfortable as well. :nod:

And I did get pulled over? handed him my reg, license and insurance through the open windshield? He said that since I had a wiper he couldn't give me a ticket, but it was "unsafe" just after he said that a guy on a big harley rode by with a piece of leather on his head, and I giggled? Asked why he didn't pull him over, he said "well I like the paint, have a good afternoon"

I'm curious as to what the difference having a/your wipers on it? You're not going to be using them and the arm isn't long enough to wipe the bugs off your glasses...?? And I don't think cops like when people ask them why they didn't pull someone else over whom was being unsafe and/or had a viable excuse to be pulled over, etc... It kind of grinds my gears that cops don't even express themselves in a way that could educate the public and give someone an idea of their frame of mind and/or how they think. I mean your car does probably draw a lot of attention, but there are other people who do stupid sh!t all the time and don't get pulled over, but it's always the good folk who do.. Sorry for ranting, but that kind of stuff bothers me, and because I ride motorcycles, it bothers me even more.

And to be honest, you weren't even doing anything wrong; and I'm pretty sure that the officer could tell that it was a project car when he first stepped up to the window. But luckily for me (maybe lucky isn't the right word), my glass guy is installing front and rear windshields tomorrow so I can "legally" drive it. Which no where in the drivers manual does it state that you cant drive a car without windows. :e-shrug:

In many state its illegal to not have a windshield. Ive herd of people getting tickets for having the windshield folded down on older jeeps... you can imagine what it would be like if that rock that otherwise would cause a starburst in the windshield caught you in the eye instead.

I think that would be sweet. I've always really enjoyed seats that look like that as they have a very robust look to them, and if you get the right type of foam (I would do high density memory foam) it will be extremely comfortable as well. :nod:

I'm curious as to what the difference having a/your wipers on it? You're not going to be using them and the arm isn't long enough to wipe the bugs off your glasses...?? And I don't think cops like when people ask them why they didn't pull someone else over whom was being unsafe and/or had a viable excuse to be pulled over, etc... It kind of grinds my gears that cops don't even express themselves in a way that could educate the public and give someone an idea of their frame of mind and/or how they think. I mean your car does probably draw a lot of attention, but there are other people who do stupid sh!t all the time and don't get pulled over, but it's always the good folk who do.. Sorry for ranting, but that kind of stuff bothers me, and because I ride motorcycles, it bothers me even more.

And to be honest, you weren't even doing anything wrong; and I'm pretty sure that the officer could tell that it was a project car when he first stepped up to the window. But luckily for me (maybe lucky isn't the right word), my glass guy is installing front and rear windshields tomorrow so I can "legally" drive it. Which no where in the drivers manual does it state that you cant drive a car without windows. :e-shrug:

Oregon state law says that as long as you have a single working wiper, wether manual (model A) or powered you car meets legal driving standard. And no where in there does it state that a windshield is necessary, so as long as a wiper is on the car you're legal. And under the classification of "Street rod" you are not required to have more than 1 unobstructed rear view mirror, so no side mirrors necessary. And under the same classification you are not *required* to have fenders… I get pulled over a lot for stupid things like my tires stick out from the body so I need mud flaps or over fender… "BS copper, Heres the ORS that I printed from the states driving statues… Eat it" I keep a copy of most Oregon "street rod" classifications in my glove box, the cops here get really bored.

And the cop that "pulled" me over for the windshield didn't technically pull me over. No lights, which is requirement for a traffic stop in Oregon. I simply saw that my car was starting to stumble, and when I pulled over he pulled up all hot and heavy. He just wanted me to know that it wasn't safe… but neither is walking, riding a bike, riding a motorcycle, or driving a car anyway.

So I got my passenger seat in... They are really comfortable, and after I get some pads in the bottom and back I think they will be perfect. At some point I may cut them and bolt them to the original seat frames after I lighten the frames a bit so that I can retain the recline adjustments, and the fold forward passenger seat. But here are the installed pics
IMG_2171%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_2172%5B1%5D.JPG

I really need to get my little grant steering wheel in. The side bolsters on these are way high, but they keep my a$$ in place so its a give and take.

So I went out to the annual Neon Nights Cruise and Show in the Shade this weekend. I got a whole lot of looks and bunch of questions. All in all it was fun. I think the most fun was when a guy told me that Volvo's were air cooled… lol :wtf:

Anywho, I got some pics front the cruise and the show.

Last edited:
IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

I think I might want to do this to my hood.
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

This next one was my fav… Amazing fabrication.
IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

So its a 2.3 ford with a DOHC swap, but I couldn't ask him what it was from. The exhaust is actually run into the frame rails that goi from under the cab to over the top of the tank. One tank had a removable end cap that was actually used as a trunk, but too many friggin people to get good pics of it… it was sweet.

Then theres me…
IMG_0169.JPG

between a '40 ford woody, and a Rolls Royce.

Last edited:
The grill turned out really well Chris. :nod:

Ad the car show looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to go, but my motor decided to commit suicide and now I have to rebuild it. :grrr:

How many people normally show up to the car show?

So the Friday night cruise usually brings out about 3000 cars, from an original Model A to a bunch of new Corvettes, Mustangs, Hondas, Subys, Scions, and since were pretty close to the sticks we get some lifted pickups.... A friend of a friend has a lifted Dodge that had tires that came about half way up my windows... I almost parked under his truck to see if I’d fit. The bottom of the doors was 6-8" above the roof of my wagon.

The show on Saturday brought out 275 cars that registered for the show. about 500 more lined up the streets to the park.

Alrighty, so I guess its time for an update. Carbs are empty and the dang thing runs on Megasquirt! Took it for a spin today trying to get a data log, but my kindle was not reading correctly, so no log, and until my new laptop battery shows up I'm stuck without any sort of rolling road tuning.

Anywho, I thought I should try to post up an MSQ to see if anyone can help me along while I wait for my laptops new battery.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yukxb9y7quza0zx/spin1.msq?dl=0

Seems that it's idling rich 11.5 ish, and under quick roll into the throttle it seems to lean 16.4 then flatten out around 14… If anyone has any ideas or any tweaks would be awesome at this point.

Here's a datalog of a trip that's about 2 miles
http:// https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1utyhlb8le49wm/2014-09-14_16-24-25.msl.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Ran a significant amount of tuning/datalogging over the weekend. Lots of good stuff, car is running much better, next up is warm up and cold start stuff. Got bored waiting for my driver so I made up a shift light outta an old water temp gauge that bit the dust.
IMG_2278%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_2279%5B1%5D.JPG

Back