• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T-5 free

Matthieu

They say anything free can't be good and there is some truth to that . Today someone scraped a 5.0 mustage near my dads work shop and I got a t-5 or most the pieces to make up a T-5. Just wanted to know if you can get a rebuilt kit for it. or what. Im going to try and post a picture of the parts I got.
thanks.
Matthieu.
I don't know why I took it because I realy want a newer car like and 850 but I can't find a manual tranny in any 850s down here.

You need to make a list of separate parts and go to the Ford dealer. Hopefully you got one with friction material on the blocker rings, but even the worst T5 is better than the 1950s stylings of a Volvo M46.

T5 Rebuild

Matthieu,

I just got the Summit catalog in the mail the other day. They have T5 parts out the yingyang and a whole lot else that they don't print in the catalog. Sorry for spamming a company, but that might help.

- Sven-Erik

Talk to any local transmission shop about where they get their parts. Get in good with someone at the shop, and you can usually use their name to get wholesale prices.

And since you're going to rebuild it anyway, what vehicle is it going in? If 700, I recommend looking into a longer tailhousing--say from a Camaro. PM me about that. I'm giving abstract though to going that route, and would prefer not tearing apart a perfectly good, freshly-rebuilt T5 (I'm talking swapping with you....).

Back