• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TB Approved V70?

norcal505

209785-2140098.jpg

209785-2116726.jpg

209785-2161071.jpg

here.

V8 destroys the balance:drama:

:bs:

maybe if it was a 500 ci caddy motor or even a 302, but i'm willing to bet that an LS1 weighs around the same if not less than the 5 cylinder/tranny setup

+1
As it's an LS1 rather than a cast-iron block engine, its probably ligher than the 5cyl and auto.
The transaxle would also mean that weight is moved around so, I would expect it'd be pretty good.

Not sure why you would do it though, other than the novelty of it.
Here, you you want an LSx engine and manual in a wagon, you just buy a Holden Commodore SSV sportswagon. Simple.
If you wanted a quick Volvo wagon you'd just buy a V70T5 or V70R.

Cool for novelty value alone though.

Evidently the owner wants good ol' American V8 power. I see nothing wrong with that. Lot's of money, no zip ties,no JB Weld,and too shiny though , maybe for TB?

Still a cool build IMO. I take it this is a Swedish build? Seems they like the Corvette SBC modded Volvos.

Is he using the stock engine or is he building it to make more HP?

Not enough jbweld and zipties. Also too much money and non Volvo parts. Everyone hates it. Even though it's better than their cars.

V8 destroys the balance:drama:

1038299_wb3efn.jpg

Considering the location? AND LS1-ness? AND transaxle? I'm going to guess at "No. No, it doesn't". :-P

Beautiful build- thanks for sharing!

M.

EDIT: Reading some of the posts I'd say this is standard TB fare. Bitching about the V8 and the ensuing debate (which I participated in), complaining it's not Volvo Powertrain, extemporizing that there's TOO much swap and very few "Wow that's an awesome project" posts. No wonder like 80% of the cars on TB are crap- Everyone with something good likely goes somewhere else with this sort of response.

Last edited:
personally i think its a cool build, would i hack up a v70 to do this, not necessarily. to be fair, i also hate it when people put non-volvo engines into volvos, but there are so many v8 volvos floating around tbricks that it shouldnt matter if there is another. even if it basically is a corvette with a volvo body, its still pretty neat.

Back