• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

There has absolutely GOT to be a better way with Ecodes.

clipster

How the heck does one in North America get this:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2862&cat=512
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1249&size=big&cat=512
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1042&cat=512&size=big

There are links everywhere to supposed e-code vendors but I've yet to find a solution to my POS front end lest I spend on the order of $900 usd+++ to get what they got.

Are there any REAL direct source vendors out there so I don't have to fork over an arm and a leg to get the look right on my old cars?

Work/Trim/labor/hard ass crap I can do, but getting the lights? For real? Please don't quote fcp (or anything else) unless it's a direct parts link.

I'm tired of looking.

Next stop - Move to the UK.

Thank You All TB people.

Either I'm going to find a cost effective solution, or I'm gonna get rich with my own.

Last edited:
ecodes

Start a thread in the wanted section requesting what you want. Some of our Euro members will source parts and sell them if they see your interest. Those versions aren't cheap but they sure look nice and add good lighting to the car. Also venders in the US are getting the aftermarket replacement versions. Eurosport Tuning and FCP Groton may be able to get them for you.

Guess not. I'm off to invent my own ecodes. I'm just so tired of links to neverland. Maybe I could sue the UK for their ecode headlights or somthing. Whatever, Eeeee-urope rocks as far as I'm concerned regarding this subject.

Yeah, uh, I've bought mine from FCP Groton. But you've got to call or e-mail them. You know, communicate. Of course FCPG only stocks the aftermarket bits. If you ask nice, I'm sure they could order you a set of the OE stuff (which I'm sure would be that much higher quality)... but be prepared to pay.

Ecodes are availiable in the Uk for around ?40 ($80) a pair. However, getting them to you in one piece is a different matter

Infact, theres a set in my shed taking up valuable space. bloody ecodes!

It really doesn't affect the light pattern much. I have checked!

Volvo's light design doesn't really affect which way it directs light and glare. As far as I know, it's a common turbobricks myth that stops me selling lights.

Yeah, I charge a LOT less than that, for good condition used headlights, and they are OEM.

Also, in that picture at the bottom, that's not how most ecodes throw out light. The horizontal lines are pretty much perfectly flat in all 240's I have driven.

Perhaps the lights in later cars were slightly different?

This car is most likely going to the scrapyard soon. If these lights are what you're looking for I'm sure we could work something out. They are RHD of course.IMG_1490.jpg

yo dauntless....how much you are looking to get rid of a set of e-codes for? I live in the states so shipping will be something too, but i am definetly interested. thanks

Yeah, I charge a LOT less than that, for good condition used headlights, and they are OEM.

Also, in that picture at the bottom, that's not how most ecodes throw out light. The horizontal lines are pretty much perfectly flat in all 240's I have driven.

Perhaps the lights in later cars were slightly different?

my Ecodes are like that and i have two sets ... RHD weeeeeeeee one is for sale but not in perfect shape(glass is good but eh)

Frankly, the light assemblies are symmetrical left-to-right, reflectors & buckets etc. The only things that aren't are the glass lenses over the top of the whole shebang; but I do find it hard to believe that really tiny barely-noticeable striations in the glass really make any difference to where the light is directed. Not with such a relatively low-tech light-source, anyhoo.
I've not tried it myself, but I could very easily believe that you could get a wrong-hand-drive light-pattern out of right-hand-drive Volvo headlights by using the factory adjustment screws.

The reflectors are NOT the same between RHD and LHD. Its all in the angle of the bulb mount. Trust me. I went through this.

Back