• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Transmission problem

BritishBrick

Most of my time in the car is spent on a 3.1 mile "commute" and I rarely go on the freeway. My auto tranny in the 88 240 works fine for this but today on the freeway it was over revving and not changing intonthe higher gear.. I found that if I slightly lifted my foot off of the gas it would change (some of the time), but I'm looking for a fix..

Have checked oil, tran fluid etc, all seem fine, so a little foiled and can't find a good thread of previous experience.

Any ideas?

Adjust the kick down cable on the throttle reel so that it has more slack in it. First, check to see if the plastic cable sheath has come out of the threaded metal end, or at least pulled out of it a bit. This results in the setting changing causing the issue you are having.

I've tried making adjustments too that, it was so slack in fact that it had become hooked onto the bolt below it..

At the moment it is a more taught, but not tight enough to affect the idle? Is that okay?

does inner cable return down thru sheath back to tranny...cables sometimes bind from lack of lube....it should freely return back after pulling it towards the motor..and the fact that it is off the spool is leading to the fact that it isnt

Back