• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo oil return options

robiewing

VolvoRacr
Got a t3 for my brick and was trying to explore options on the oil return line. Currently the 780 has a Mitsubishi turbo and oil return line.

The new Garrett has a oil return line similar of course but want to see if anyone can or knows where to find info on modifying the block to use a more reliable fitting that is less prone to leaking like the stock setup.

No luck with search...

Got a t3 for my brick and was trying to explore options on the oil return line. Currently the 780 has a Mitsubishi turbo and oil return line.

The new Garrett has a oil return line similar of course but want to see if anyone can or knows where to find info on modifying the block to use a more reliable fitting that is less prone to leaking like the stock setup.

No luck with search..

yea right :roll:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=52466

plus plenty others if you use "drain" or "return"

I've found the stock setup to be relatively trouble free as long as the seal and gasket are Volvo and not aftermarket crap.

Regarding using the stock oil feed line, what I'm doing on my T3 conversion is to de-braze the stock 13c flange and braze on one that will fit a T3. You have to use the 13c drain and modify it if you are going to use the '90+ manifold; the stock T3 drain won't work as it's too short.

Back