• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbobricknick's turbobrick

When on the track (and street) the 1 piece coleman driveshaft was rubbing pretty bad. I have heard all kinds of fixes for this problem, but I decided to try out the BNE adjustable torque rods. They came in quickly and were super easy to install. I'm glad I ended up doing this because the bushings on the old ones were shot.

NfqFNM4l.jpg

UafveXsl.jpg

I took the Vo for a rip with the new torque rods in. No more rubbing! The wheel is also centered in the wheel well much better, so a lot of the tire rubbing issues were also solved. Next on the list is fresh ball joints and tie rods and eventually BNE coilovers.

Figured it was time for an update - done a lot of work on the car since May 2022. The car hadn't been kept up with mechanically, so practically everything needed to be replaced. The first thing I did was replace the ball joints, tie rod ends, and sway bar links.

qSJ8oVK.png
gi9W8nn.png

I also replaced the stock 80 amp alternator with a rebuilt Denso 100 amp unit. The Denso is smaller, which is super helpful since there is a lot going on in the surrounding area. It's also a bit lighter than the stock unit. The installation was pretty simple as I bolts up to the stock bracket, but the wire connections require some rerouting to get a solid connection. The Denso unit was great for about a year and a half, but it stopped charging in December of 2023, so I just switched back to the tried and true oem unit.

7rCC6pU.png

Next I fixed the massive rust hole that made the car so cheap (first time doing frame repair)

QpoRHES.jpeg
z7cHy18.jpeg

And installed the IPD turbo cam (sorry, no pics for this)

Back