• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wat? 35k 244 for sale?!

norcal505

pretty crazy. too bad its a salvage title.

%21BUS,ppgCGk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlt+dzBKMuDvVP8%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BUS,7uw%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl%29w%21eBKMuFoWUl%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BUS,%287w%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBKMuB5Ucm%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BUS,fd%21B2k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH%28EBKMuCtNZ+%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BUS,m%21%21%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKMuDWRRgw%7E%7E_12.JPG

lalank

salvage title somtimes doesnt mean much. if it was a few years ago the car is so depreciated that a small fenderbender would total it out. if he includes pics of how bad the crash was, i would consider it very much. somtimes the smallest things can give you a salvage title.

depends on the crash or incident really, if it was a flooded car, SCREW that.

I should have mentioned that I ran a Carfax on it. It just reports a front end collision. And in the ad, it states that the damage wasn't that bad, but it being an '88, they totaled it anyway.

If it was repaired properly, then a salvage title is merely a name.

Sometimes even the best autbody people can't find things right away, my father had a car that was salvaged, everything repaird, and it ended up haveing a leaky windshield in the end, attention to detail is important when fixing a crashed car but salvaged cars can always bring out surprises down the road

Sometimes even the best autbody people can't find things right away, my father had a car that was salvaged, everything repaird, and it ended up haveing a leaky windshield in the end, attention to detail is important when fixing a crashed car but salvaged cars can always bring out surprises down the road

It happens to a car that had a windscreen replaced and they didn't clean up the area around the screen, same with rust, so not related to being a salvaged car.

Yeah, I learned the hard way personally on my 1975 245. Had a headon collision in it doing about 20MPH, appeared to be just sheetmetal damage only.

Repaired / replaced sheetmetal, did alot more work on the car to discover the unibody now flexes like crazy, popping the drivers door open and breaking door latches. Took about 3 months before the problem got to the point it is at now. Something on the body broke, and as I drove it more after the accident more welds broke.

So yeah, gotta be sure how it got hit.

You never know!

There was a 1989 240 glt on ebay last week with 19k miles on it. When i saw it it still had a good quantity of time left and was at ?3200 with many bids. Had full volvo dealer service history too

My latest 240 is a salvage. Right front end was scruched a lil. I had a donor car of the same color, so a simple remove and replace. I have since given the car a thorogh technical inspection, and besides a couple small leaks, some electrical probs, and a worn out tranny mount, everything turned out great.

I love a good project! I just wish I had a plasma cutter and mig welder....

Note that "4-wheel-drive" is listed under "Options". Mmmmhmmm. Right. My '89 sure looks like it, with the front air-dam knocked off, but there's only one 4wd 240, and it's a teal '75 245 that we all know and love.

So, do we think that's actually 35k miles, or did the odometer just give up a decade ago?

Note that "4-wheel-drive" is listed under "Options". Mmmmhmmm. Right. My '89 sure looks like it, with the front air-dam knocked off, but there's only one 4wd 240, and it's a teal '75 245 that we all know and love.

So, do we think that's actually 35k miles, or did the odometer just give up a decade ago?

Hmmm....be warned. That OD may be broke or just turn very very slow. My friends Buick has a slow OD. Also, unless its a very good shop, id get that car looked at over by a few people. As a few people said in earlier post, small things need to be fixed, and attention to detail is important.

Wouldn't it be cheaper on insurance being a salvage title?

Most insurance companies will only issue liability on a car with a salvage title.

It's easy to un-salvage the title. Register it in a state that does not brand the titles. Then as soon as you get the clear title you can reg it in your home state.

Did that in Nevada a few times so that I could have good insurance. I always told the buyers that it was a branded title and what I did to clear it up. Never had an issue.

I would want to see pics of the car wrecked before I bid on it.

yes i got a salvage title once in a very hotted ford 78 truck after a guy hit my passenger door. that was before they looked at the bluebook value and realised it was worth $4200. last stage was paint and it looked like a $200 truck.
needless to say i was happy to recive a $3600 check a salvage title and keep the truck.
so no a salvage title dont always mean much.

yes i got a salvage title once in a very hotted ford 78 truck after a guy hit my passenger door. that was before they looked at the bluebook value and realised it was worth $4200. last stage was paint and it looked like a $200 truck.
needless to say i was happy to recive a $3600 check a salvage title and keep the truck.
so no a salvage title dont always mean much.

My last car, '87 740 turbo, i got for $740. Got rear ended, and my ins. called it totaled, and cut me a check for $1,000. I sold the turbo&mani for $100. Kept the M46 trans and bits(now in my bertone) and called the wrecking yard. Then towed it away for free. So in the end, i made out with more money, and a stick shift 780 bertone. :cool:

Back