• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weber DGV Series Carburetors

The dribble was caused by a loose AV. It needs to be a tight fit to the carb body.

Just lightly digging on this topic, but on a different issue in item 1.

1. BMW Mine did the same thing in terms of leaking, it was a combination of fuel pressure and not having a phenolic plate under the carb, so the fuel began to boil.

2. I do not own a Weber currently, but if I understand this post, he suggests after 4 years of usage, that Weber attempted a modification, What is the function of this spring (AV related?)

as for the auxiliary venturi's, that is exactly what I was looking at today. Mine also have a bit of play, on both barrels. I do however have them of a bit later type that have a spring on the stud opposite of the main fuel outlet. This probably is meant to keep the fuel outlet connection sealed. I was able to tap a 0.2mm feeler gauge in the gap between the stud and carb. Maybe this vibrates while driving, but the spring is quite strong. It is possible to pull them out without much effort.

Trivial Sidebar: SU Carbs

Main Jets
It is a fact, not sufficiently well known, that constant-depression carburettors (like SU’s) are
more accommodating, especially for low and medium-speed acceleration, when all is not well
with the engine. This is because, in spite of the driver’s heavy foot on the throttle pedal, the
carburettor pistons will not lift any higher than is necessary to pass the air the engine is able to
breathe in.​

2. I do not own a Weber currently, but if I understand this post, he suggests after 4 years of usage, that Weber attempted a modification, What is the function of this spring (AV related?)

Let me get this straight. You have absolutely zero first experience with these carbs?

Let me get this straight. You have absolutely zero first experience with these carbs?
All they are doing is doing a copy/paste from selected google search results regarding an issue any of us bring up with Webers (or anything for that matter).

I take that as a no. The only carbureted engines they have mentioned so far are Chevy V8s.

Let me get this straight.
I have time in the carb-saddle with GM/AMC/etc rebuilding...back when rebuild kits were cheap. In carbs' heyday, there were lots of carb rebuild shops in a decent sized city. And guess what, all carbs had to be rebuilt, sooner or later. And if the internet was around then, I'm sure those DIYers would be howling/complaining about this/that problem.

I did find out Holley has built these carbs years ago, Holley 5200/G180 is a licensed copy

If there's something wrong with my earnest homework, then support your assertion with links. All carbs have issues, just like all Volvos have issues, just like EFI systems have issues. And, DIYers have issues...with a Weber conversion, a person should do their homework...it ain't plug-n-play.

Well you’ve created a thread in article composition with no actual experience on the subject. Not only no actual knowledge or experience of the carbs, but really all you’ve done is reference the first 20 hits off a google search.

I guess I don’t really see a point to all your rambling research paper posts in every thread you stick your keyboard into. Especially those that go nowhere and include sidebar tangents with zero relevant resource to anyone who reads them because you have absolutely zero first hand knowledge or experience on the subject you get into.

Hate to sound like JohnV, but fawking hell, go get your fawking hands dirty. Get off the keyboard, take your research to the shed and get some experience.

Well you’ve created a thread in article composition with no actual experience on the subject. Not only no actual knowledge or experience of the carbs, but really all you’ve done is reference the first 20 hits off a google search.
Yeah, this is why I thought I was reading a chatgpt thread. Really vague answers to questions nobody seemed to be asking.

Well you’ve created a thread in article composition with no actual experience on the subject.

In the first post, I stated my focus, which has been accomplished. Your comment above is out of sync with this reality. Various issues on this topic have been presented. .I also stated in this thread,

Sidebar:
FWIW, a brief overview on Weber's DGV Carbs

See my first post in this thread, and this below will be seen at the bottom of this post.

PS: My socks are white...
===============================================================.

Sidebar - After digesting this thread,

B20 Gurus, need a carb recomendation for a mild DD

The B20 in the 75 is due for an overhaul. The shortblock is good, but the head is shot and the k-jets are dying. I'm sick of messing with the mechanical injection, and the lines are rotting one after another. I don't want to do an efi conversion, so carb is looking like a good way to go. The...
turbobricks.com
turbobricks.com

I concluded there were misunderstandings about Weber Carburetors, which imho, are very good, if jetted correctly.

In the first post, I stated my focus, which has been accomplished. Your comment above is out of sync with this reality. Various issues on this topic have been presented. .I also stated in this thread,

Sidebar:
FWIW, a brief overview on Weber's DGV Carbs

See my first post in this thread, and this below will be seen at the bottom of this post.

PS: My socks are white...
===============================================================.

Sidebar - After digesting this thread,

B20 Gurus, need a carb recomendation for a mild DD

The B20 in the 75 is due for an overhaul. The shortblock is good, but the head is shot and the k-jets are dying. I'm sick of messing with the mechanical injection, and the lines are rotting one after another. I don't want to do an efi conversion, so carb is looking like a good way to go. The...
turbobricks.com
turbobricks.com

I concluded there were misunderstandings about Weber Carburetors, which imho, are very good, if jetted correctly.
I believe you have lost sync with reality here. You’ve admitted to not having any hands on experience with these carburetors. In other threads you’ve admitted to having ZERO hands on experience with pushrod B18-20 engines. Yet here you are posting a thread in the Article and Composition section yet another thread that you have absolutely zero experience with.

You don’t need to have 5 fawking threads of the same useless “look I know how to use the google” rambling research dartboard. I can’t even say that this would pass for a 1st draft of a research paper. If I applied my grading rubric to it, you nailed like 15-20%. This course is offered again in the fall, better luck next year.

This forum subsection is for articles. How-to articles. If you look at other threads here, this is the place for “I’ve done something, this is the step by step guide of how to do it too.”

Last edited:
...it ain't plug-n-play.
This.

The B230 32/36 Weber conversion that is sold is NOT a "bolt in and party" type affair.

Retapped the vac port because who knows wtf thread it was before. Nothing seemed to fit the thing and and I could not confirm one thing or the other online. So I went with 3/8 NPT as it's pretty easy to source.

The throttle cable doesn't go right on, requires some research and fiddling around with parts to make it work. This includes ordering extra parts.

I still don't know what to do about the kick down cable

Choke cable is straight forward but if you go EFI to Carb, you need to get a cable and find a mounting hole.

Fuel pressure needs to be regulated down to 3psi which is another "choose your own adventure" affair.

My video with the silver 244 that we dragged out of the woods makes it seem easy. The reality is, I stuck the intake on, vise-gripped the throttle cable in place, cobbled a fuel line and stuck a bit of hose on a sparkplug and stuffed it in the booster port on the intake.

Car ran great like that though!

Needs finishing before the turbo goes on it and I turn the ole lady loose with it.

Back