• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

West Coast Jimbo’s Amazon: 1966 220S Project

This is 60mm with a ball joint flip up front. I was debating the two as well but I'm glad I went with these. Much lower and hauling stuff/towing would be nearly impossible.

I do have stock wheel/tires so it could look quite different with another setup. 165/80r15

Great to see another 220 thread get going, plus great inspiration to get my 220 going again.

After being forced to drive lame modern 240s for several weeks I've finally gotten back to my Amazon. The transmission has been sticking in gear after running it out of fluid so it will have to come back apart. Thanks to @grean_been for falling asleep and leaving his spare M41 unguarded it's now back on the road.

PXL-20240301-065925110.jpg

PXL-20240301-092858887-MP.jpg%22 alt=%22PXL-20240301-092858887-MP

Before exhuming it from it's gave this evening the rear carb jet tube decided to spring a leak, gotta love fuel leaking right onto the exhaust. A new oring solved it and it limped to the shop.

Back into DD duties it goes!

CVI gas cap on the way, along with the choke linkage parts I've been putting off ordering since my last Amazon.

I also snagged the speedogear out of a spare Jtype and slapped it in today, this is about my only car with a working speedometer so I thought I aught to fix it.

PXL-20240303-221833868.jpg

speedo.jpg

With that working and parts on the way to address the remaining pesky issues it should be 10% less POS and a little more viable as a daily driver.

Since it's been back in DD duty this poor Amazon has been hauling stuff non stop, but I have taken some time to fix little things. While I love the way it looks lowered I'm half tempted to get overload coils and rally from springs (if classicsweede doesn't take 3 months this time).

Gas cap went on right away, no more oily rag mod

PXL_20240308_203822418.jpg

Overdrive stopped working a few weeks back, luckily just the pesky little ground wire, all fixed and back in "5th". At some point I'll change the rear gears as I do a lot of highway miles in this thing, but that can is being kicked down the road.

72 fixin.jpg

In preparation for a trip I went through the basic maintenance, topped off the fluids and did a quick valve adjustment. It's gotta be ~15k miles since I touched the lash and non where more then .001 off (basically not worth pulling the cover off).

71 maintance.jpg

Then came the trip this last weekend, second annual Reedsport camping trip (although we stayed closer to Waldport this time). ~1300 miles all said and done with plenty of them being harder then you probable should push an old clunker.

73 reedsport.jpg

Beautiful view along highway 101 (including the ocean, not just the car) and a blast of a drive, a little fixing here and there but nothing that left the car inoperable.
PXL_20240422_162025296.jpg

If the mud didn't give it away we did some offroading, this is absolutely not the car to do it in but being a good idea isn't a requirement.

(insert gif of water crossing when I figure that shit out)

As it turns out B20 distributors are not waterproof, who would have thought. After the first few water crossings it got a plastic bag wrapped around it and made the last two without issue.

75 dirtyboy.jpg
Since getting back I gave the car a little more love as a thank you for putting up with me. New plugs, cleaned and gapped the points, replaced the leaking manifold gasket and hosed off the engine bay. I'd say it's ready for Davis 2024.
74 fixed.jpg

Awesome to see this wagon putt-putting around again.

There are a lot of neighborhoods where anything with a "Free" sign disappears in minutes... Be careful where you park. :lol:

PXL_20240422_162025296a.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome to see this wagon putt-putting around again.

There are a lot of neighborhoods where anything with a "Free" sign disappears in minutes... Be careful where you park. :lol:

View attachment 26699
How do you think we got the cooler?

I wouldn't be surprised is the camber is way off, I reinstalled the original shims after the lowering springs and balljoint flip.

Day 1 of the Davis meet went well, enjoyed the drive without (abnormal) issues. Got the usual clogged fuel pump on the way back to Davis but nothing some break clean can't solve.
PXL-20240428-025843414-MP.jpg

Back