• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what is a resistor pack?

if you want to run the stock turbo fuel injection, yes, you will need a resistor pack. it adds resistance to the injector circuits so that the ECU can drive the low impedance injectors.

i have a few extra resistor packs, if you'd like one. PM me if you're interested

could you explain it more to me? are you talking ford racing injectors? how much do they run for?

As described previously, there are two types of fuel injectors... high impedance and low impedance.

The volvo non-turbo injectors are high impedance.
the volvo turbo injectors (numbers 357 and 804) are low impedance

The low impedance injectors (period... whichever car they come from) will require ballast resistors.

Some vehicles came with high-flowing high impedance fuel injectors. The mid-late 80's ford supercharged thunderbirds came with 29lb/hr high impedance fuel injectors that flow as much as the low impedance, volvo turbo fuel injectors. These are a direct swap into the volvo.

They will not require ballast resistors.

Their model number is 756, info can be found in the fuel FAQ about them.

They can be found on ebay and wherever supercharged ford thunderbirds are found... ie, the junkyard, your neighbor's driveway, etc.

Your profile says you live outside Atlanta... if you go here www.pullapart.com, you will find an excellent pull-a-part type junkyard which is not too far from you.

your yellow injectors have a high impedance (did i spell that right?) which is essentially a high internal resistance, for your purposes here the impedence is just another word for the resistance - although it actually has a bit more to it, since there may be an imaginary part to the ratio of the voltage to the current in an a/c circuit for example - but none of that makes any difference when you are choosing the resistance to add to this circuit when you go from high-z to low-z injectors (the real part is all we care about).

so the turbo ecu needs to be wired to high-z injectors, but there are benefits to the low-z types ... someone should explain this part since i am fuzzy on it, but the peak and hold injectors that people use here on the board are supposed to work better for our applications -

anywho, you can use high-z injectors, and they are around, i have some that i'm not using, the t-bird turbocoupes have red ones, they are like 30#/hrs., something like this.

but the resistor packs are cheap, so you might as well get one and wire it into the harness, then you can use the greentops, browntops, or cfi injectors, all are plentiful here on the board.

Low-impedance injectors have less internal resistance, which allows them to be opened faster. They are used with peak and hold type systems because the ECU peaks the voltage/current to open them, but then reduces it to just hold them open, to avoid burning them out. Not quite sure what the ballast resistors role is, or if our Volvos have peak and hold ECUs.

Back