• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheels

89760Turbo

i was looking around all day today and these are the only rims i could find to fit my car:
http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=2&id=130
also, im planning on buying the 17" ones but im not sure what size tire i need. stock is p195/65r15. would it be p195/65r17?
oh and this is my car :oops:
untitled2.bmp

Last edited:
no you would go with say a 215/45 17 and what's with the bling wheels, the volvo just isnt a bling car
and for those tires you would need $400 spacers, bc they are FWD offset.

umm no...

those rims don't come in a 5x108 bolt pattern, so if you wanted to run them you would need some spacer/adapter (s) configuration to make them work...plus the FWD offset issue

also the tire size is incorrect...if wishing to run a 17" rim the tire size needed to "match" the stock diameter of both rim and tire would be a 205/50/17

ciao

Very, umm, shiny ... :)

The 65 in 195-65x15 is the tyre "aspect ratio" or "series", this is how tall the sidewall is compared to the width. A 65 series tyres, like you already have, means the sidewall is 65% of the tread width, or 65% of 195mm in your case. If you get new tyres on 17" wheels with the same "aspect ratio" or "series", then the sidewall will be the same height even though the wheels are larger; the overall tyres will be bigger than what you currently have, and it will stuff both the gearing (your car will have no pickup from standing starts) and the accuracy of the speedo (you'll get lots of tickets :)).

195-65x15's have a 195mm tread & their sidewall is 65% of the height of their tread.
Sidewall is therefore 0.65*195 = 126.75mm.
Now, radius of a 15" alloy is 7.5", or 190.5mm.
So, the total radius of the new wheel+tyre must be close to 317.25mm.

Radius of a 17" rim is 8.5", or 215.9mm ...
So your new tyre must have a sidewall of 317.25 - 215.9 = 101.35mm.

Remember, the aspect-ratio or "series" comes from the tread width, so you need to know how wide a tyre you want to fit; depends on the width of the wheel itself.

Ratio = sidewall-height / tread-width

So if you choose 7" rims, you would use about 205mm tyres:
Ratio = sidewall / width = 101.35 / 205 = .494 ... this is dead-near .50, which is a 50-series tyre.
So with 7" rims, you'd go 205-50x17 tyres.

With 8" rims you'd be able to use tyres with 225mm tread width:
Ratio = sidewall / width = 101.35 / 225 = 0.450 ... that's 45-series.
So with 8" rims, you'd go 225-45x17 tyres.

Hope that makes sense. :)

no you would go with say a 215/45 17 and what's with the bling wheels, the volvo just isnt a bling car
and for those tires you would need $400 spacers, bc they are FWD offset.
i was planning on geting them in silver not chrome :boink:
the guy at the shop i went to called the manufacturer and asked what rims will fit on my car and he said those ones would fit :???: i told him my car was rwd

Dude.......... why do you want bling. This is TurboBricks, you want something super wide and meaty, painted black.

Like this, 15/10s, with 225/50s.

e217df90.jpg

fa0a7816.jpg

132aeff4.jpg

04d143a3.jpg

If you go to the Ultra Wheel website you referenced above, and click on Technical Specifications, the sizes & offsets are listed. You need the +20 offset ones, not the +40 ones; and it looks like they don't make the 17" and up rims in a +20 offset. That means spacers, and more cost, unless you go with the 16" ones.
The other Thing I'm not entirely sure of is PCD ... I can't see anything there that matches the 108mm PCD requirement, but maybe one of the imperial measurements is correct (eg. 4.25"?).

Please tell me WTF is up with the exhaust? Ricer muffler look FTL...

I think the wheels look ok.... I'd rather spend my money on some Volvo FWD rims though, or Eikers.

Sp3aK said:
Please tell me WTF is up with the exhaust? Ricer muffler look FTL...

I think the wheels look ok.... I'd rather spend my money on some Volvo FWD rims though, or Eikers.
nuff said, please do a fav and ditch the fartcan

Back