• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

First big step. Im buying a laptop. Hope to join in on the fun soon. I have mikes chips, i can rewrite these correct?

Actually, no. Mike's chips are OTP (one time programmable) chips... at least mine was. Pull the sticker and google the part number if you are curious.

I did that and it worked great! ....
Also tried the disable checksum checking flag and it seems to work, so no more CEL! w00t!
You mean the flag at 0x370C? This line:
<pre>.db 0xFF ;370C FF 21AF flag -- ? checksum check disable flag?</pre>
If so, nice. The other flags in that area are for disabling different DTCs - they should be tested one by one some time. The checksum flag is available for changing in the new software.

Vladislav, have you traced pin 10 and 11 for the Efan on a 9xx ecu (not the 950 since that one has no efan control)? Would be interesting to modify the temp the fan kicks in (like krad posted above). If there is a asm file of a 9xx ecu with Efan control i'd gladly take a (long) look to see if i can find something. Or is it already clear to you where to look for the Efan stuff?

Vladislav, have you traced pin 10 and 11 for the Efan on a 9xx ecu (not the 950 since that one has no efan control)? Would be interesting to modify the temp the fan kicks in (like krad posted above). If there is a asm file of a 9xx ecu with Efan control i'd gladly take a (long) look to see if i can find something. Or is it already clear to you where to look for the Efan stuff?

I have to check, but I am pretty sure that efan is controlled by the CA3272 chip. Since the PC boards are the same I will look if I can find something. I have partial dissasemblies in IdaPro for some other ECUs, but they are not very useful, since they don't have any comments are are only partial.

16x16? whatev. what i'm working on.... :oogle:

fueltablex20.PNG

so far, so good :-)

well look at this clown! nice bit of work there.

do the damn datalogger mod so I don't have to buy a new ostrich :-P :-D

yeah, ok in my version the CEL will blink the current RPM in binary; you can log it to computer if you can touch type :-P

Working on actually stretching a GOOD table to 20x20 and compensating for MAF adjustments... hrmmm.

Craziness!

On another note, my Ostrich arrived this morning and I am currently running a 93x bin on my 951 computer. :) My wideband is not working more often than it is and I don't have enough hands/eyes to drive around at legal/illegal speeds to do more fine tuning tonight. I actually haven't run the car on tunerpro yet, just ipdown's editor after tweaking things here and there on both programs. I ended up turning the Lambda correction off and then the computer's battery died shortly after that killing any further progress.

I'll definitely need to adjust some acceleration enrichments if I can figure them out once I'm happy with the base map.

Craziness!

On another note, my Ostrich arrived this morning and I am currently running a 93x bin on my 951 computer. :) My wideband is not working more often than it is and I don't have enough hands/eyes to drive around at legal/illegal speeds to do more fine tuning tonight. I actually haven't run the car on tunerpro yet, just ipdown's editor after tweaking things here and there on both programs. I ended up turning the Lambda correction off and then the computer's battery died shortly after that killing any further progress.

I'll definitely need to adjust some acceleration enrichments if I can figure them out once I'm happy with the base map.

Welcome to the party, don't wreck! :lol:

Accell enrichments are a 1x8 temp map; you may have to fiddle with them to find them... let us know what you find :)

and fix that wideband ASAP!!!

Yeah, seriously! :)

I looked up the 14point7 unit again and it looks like they're sold out... I need to do my taxes to get money in the bank account anyway! Sadly there's nothing I can do about my current wideband it seems. When I tap the controller/display unit it changes what it reads and the unit is completely sealed. I don't see any way to open it up and take a look at solder joints or anything. I'll probably just ditch it.

yeah, ok in my version the CEL will blink the current RPM in binary; you can log it to computer if you can touch type :-P

Working on actually stretching a GOOD table to 20x20 and compensating for MAF adjustments... hrmmm.

does no good, would need to know rpm & load at the very least. No, I'm talking about what ipdown already did with the K-line coming off the hybrid chip.

does no good, would need to know rpm & load at the very least. No, I'm talking about what ipdown already did with the K-line coming off the hybrid chip.

I know what you meant, i'm not anywhere near that skilled, it was a joke? :-P

in other news, about to do the first rolling test of scaled 20x20 fuel table, wish me luck!

in other news, about to do the first rolling test of scaled 20x20 fuel table, wish me luck!
Good luck!

For what it's worth, the 93x NA bin that I modified wouldn't start the car this morning... :lol: I think it's too lean at start-up. The idle bins on the main fuel map are a good bit lower than they were with the 951 based bins and who knows what the differences are with other settings. I used a 951 bin to start the car and run for a couple minutes then swapped it back to the 93x bin.

I drove the car around last night without the Lambda correction turned on, but the O2 sensor wasn't playing very nice and I didn't have enough hands to really tweak things while doing that. I must have flipped it back on though before I went to sleep because it was staying around stoich more this morning on the way to work. I really need/want to find out what controls what there and also the acceleration enrichment controls.

I do have a map now though that is pretty close right out of the box at WOT, but all the chips I've run like that end up being too lean once they've learned/adapted... I hope to find something in the Lambda correction that keeps it from leaning out up top from where I want it to be.

One thing that caught my eye is when doing the map trace, my car goes up to the top/high load cells at less than half throttle... Makes me wonder about re-scaling the load table to read higher and re-map for greater fine tuning in between? It seems to drive ok for the most part so it might not be a worthwhile adventure, but maybe it is..

Good luck!

One thing that caught my eye is when doing the map trace, my car goes up to the top/high load cells at less than half throttle... Makes me wonder about re-scaling the load table to read higher and re-map for greater fine tuning in between? It seems to drive ok for the most part so it might not be a worthwhile adventure, but maybe it is..

I have noticed the same thing. I just can't seem to predict where the dang AMM load is going to end up.

I've put the 20x20 table on the backseat for now, It seems to act.... funny. The 16x6 table is much more consistent, whereas with the 20x20 I had no idea what cell I would end up in, even with a _very_ linear axis.

I need to get something that can datalog the AMM. But ideally, like Kenny mentioned and Vlad is working on, we need to datalog the ECU.

I was going to try and play with datalogging, but I started looking up k-line stuff and I honestly have no idea where to start; everything online seems to mention OBDII.

Good news is that I borrowed the o-scope from work, Maybe this afternoon I will make some more definitive conclusions about injector constants... mhmm.... but I'm sill fighting this daggone chest cold. I've swear, I've coughed up small sentient creatures and that **** from ghostbusters :barf:

if anyone is interested in trying the 20x20 bin, shoot me a PM, i'll send you an XDF to go with it...

Back