• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. robiewing

Love the spot Light!!

Applause is so over rated... Always thought this was for who had the brightest Hellas but guess I was wrong, who knew? Me thinks my new whitenbloken a.k.a Venmon is going where the lighten section was suppose to have the car with iPd HIDs and LEd tail lights. :rofl:
  2. robiewing

Crash course in Vida , loco? some may say...

iI Love Vida! It's missing one thing. An actual image. Just 1! :wave: Don't want to get my hands dirty this early... Does anyone have recollection of a photograph showing the underside of the ecu harness with pins connected to the back side, in the wiring harness... Just wanna idea before I...
  3. robiewing

Middle Cylinder isnt Firing.

2001 T5M Did the compression test on no. 3 cylinder and was great 170psi. Swapped the coil and plug from the adjacent cylinder and they fired no problem. But still nothing in no. 3. The harness has definitely been "altered" Removed the fuseable link from connection to the coil on that...
  4. robiewing

AW70/71/72 Accumulator Mod/Valve Body Template

Hai Guise, Got a aw70/71/72 Accumulator Mod Template made. This is what it looks like and should be able to download it for the next 24 hours here... http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?uid=3e1b0a8afc1b63f244b58d32d7a69bf-bf9ac9697f24ebd&targetID=pmVo4ovEokn3e0OeWCcFSQ_I_I ^ (PDF Link) ^...
  5. robiewing

Smart Bertone, mounting a HTC evo 4g into my ashtray.

Here's a bunch of pictures.. It's been a bit of cutting a massaging to get it where I want it to go.. Went with the EVO because it has a HDMI output and a socketed camera that I am planning on mounting somewhere in the front (probably) or in the back for a backup camera. Mounting a USB-OTG...
  6. robiewing

AW-71 Slipping in forward, not in reverse.

Simple question. Any chance it's a torque converter and not a thrashed transmission? Drove it home 20 miles. Barely getting over 25 mph most of the way. Did get to 50 at one point and it did seem to shift through the gears.
  7. robiewing

Search criteria

Trying to search specifically for m46 or m47 returns 0 results. :e-shrug: What am I missing?
  8. robiewing

Land Rover - AP Calipers for 780

Does anyone know if there's been an attempt to use AP 4-Piston calipers on a 7 series? Looking thru the J/K and found a Discovery Sport with solid calipers. May pick them up to do some fitting but curious if they are similar/same as other types. Thanks, Robie
  9. robiewing

Love it or Hate it. Your Vote Counts!

I'm lying, your vote means you have an opinion. :-P
  10. robiewing

The Ton? Berton? Build Thread-780 EVOLVOE

The long overdue thread for my newest and AFAIC best Volvo to date. Found my 1990 780 b230ft looking for project and daily driver, while skimming local Craigslist ads. Had my mind set on a XRaTi because it was one I always wanted and knew a 780 B230 would be a challenge. Little did I know I'd...
  11. robiewing

Drivesha(f)t sizing 780 IRS

Eeuro parts dot com lists the 780 as having a 50.8 mm driveshaft and smaller 44.5 mm. Is that correct? I would think that all of the cars with IRS 740se and 940se and by association 780 would have a bigger center. Am I worng by comparison.. :wtf:
  12. robiewing

Turbo oil return options

Got a t3 for my brick and was trying to explore options on the oil return line. Currently the 780 has a Mitsubishi turbo and oil return line. The new Garrett has a oil return line similar of course but want to see if anyone can or knows where to find info on modifying the block to use a more...
  13. robiewing

Bench test a used turbo

Is there an accepted tolerance for shaft play on a used turbo, T3 from a early B21 or is it a try and see approach. Reason i'm asking is because I picked up a used T3 cheap (free) Theres some shaft play on the cool side. But remember out of necessity using one with similar shaft play that, if I...
  14. robiewing

Does a OD unit go bad?

The solenoid is doing it thing, by that I mean clicking on and off. I've cleaned it out with air and o-rings are intact too. Inspected and repaired bad wiring. The relay is working. But God Forsaken thing won't go into 4th gear. What else could it be? AW71, 1990 780 Thanks up front.
  15. robiewing

Water left over after headgasket repair, sluge?

Have a lot of water residue in the engine after I changed the headgasket. It's boiling up and accumulating on the oil cap (looks like lithium grease). Will it turn into sluge? Should I change the oil and filter again to get rid of it and if I don't should I worry about engine damage. thanks.
  16. robiewing

ground wire on alternator getting very hot.

The ground wire on the alternator is getting hot. And melting? Any idea why? https://picasaweb.google.com/116825765940793944817/CarStuff#5875603864406229682
  17. robiewing

wont re-start. Changed temp sensor...Please have a look.

1-1-3 Fuel injectors. 1-2-1 Mass airflow sensor. 1-2-3 Coolant temp sensor signal. 1990 780 Turbo Just got done replacing the head gasket. It started right up and drove it around the block a few times. 1st trip next morning and got stuck at my kids school. Was running kind of rough, idle...
  18. robiewing

Got these for t3h 780??, Bimmer side markers

What you think?
  19. robiewing

valve cover polish and paint.

Turned out pretty nice. Wish id given it a bit more thought and removed the sticker first. Anyone know where to source a new one?
  20. robiewing

fuel pressure issue. I think. started yesterday.

Yesterday after I got my car home I tried to start it. Eventually after a minute of cranking it started but was rough. The radiator was leaking so I shut it off and replaced the radiator today. Tried cranking it today and it wouldn't start. Has plenty of spark but seems like there is no fuel...
Back