• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. MrBill

Boost control benchrace/desktop engineering

I've got the $58 DIYAutoTune EBC solenoid. It uses 1/8 NPT fittings, and has three ports. I have two external Tial wastegates, 38mm mv-s. The basic diagram I'm going off of is this one posted in DIYAutoTune's Q&A section for the EBC Solenoid. So that image is for a single external. The...
  2. MrBill

Saftey of 2.4 flywheel when not used as a friction surface?

Long story short: I got Eamonn's Getrag setup from his 760. It's a twin disk quartermaster setup that uses the 60-2 flexplate as a starter ring. He said the twin disc setup was driveable but not really DD-worthy. My goal is to replace the flexplate with a flywheel. Naturally I'd like a 8.5...
  3. MrBill

HIGH PERFORMANCE: Accessory Placement

93 240 16v swap in progress a/c car power steering car I have this super-sweet Nathan manifold I had built. Twin scroll, twin external gates, the whole nine yards. Lordy is it pretty. Nathan built it to my specs. I recall a picture of test fit in a 240. Now I feel it was a 240 but maybe...
  4. MrBill

Parts bin turbo choices

Okay so my fs/ft thread got hijacked enough and got me thinking, so here's a discussion for it. The car is a 1991 780, automatic, low miles, totally stock. Planned mod list is light. Accumulator mod, larger injectors, intercooler, RSI stg3 cam, plug and play MS2. I hope to not go crazier...
  5. MrBill

Oil cooler placement - attach to A/C condenser?

Late model 240, in the middle of 16v+t. I've got a stock location a/c setup, intercooler, and radiator. I really want to use the little mounting kit where it zips through a radiator. I want to mount it there. Now I'm not quite familiar with oil temps and such - how hot oil gets during a...
  6. MrBill

16v on b230 bottom end

Okay I've had all this stuff for years and I'm finally getting around to doing something with them. Question #1. Will the lower timing cover off an 8v fit? I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to check ignition timing and the such. I've seen pictures with it fitted, but don't really know...
  7. MrBill

Injector Suggestions?

I look to you, turbobricks, to guide me to my first *new* fuel injector purchase. Using the injector calculators, I have a target of ~76lbs if I ever use e85 with a target of 400 crank and 85% duty cycle. I can go lower if there's some super-sweet injector seeing there's no e85 even an hour...
  8. MrBill

G80 Tone ring on Truetrac

I've read a few threads on the subject. I have the ring and I don't want to try and machine the housing. My lathe would be a 4 inch angle grinder... So I'm not a metallurgy expert. If I heated the ring in the oven, or with some mapp gas, would it expand the 3ish mm to fit over the housing...
  9. MrBill

speedi sleeves?

The bottom end I've assembed has a crank from a Penta. The crank snout (and to a lesser degree, the sealing surface for the rear main as well) is a bit pitted from marine corrosion. I've seen these speedi-sleeves and instead of gambling with an oil leak, I think they might be what I need...
  10. MrBill

Greg Keysar's Volvo 242 Ressurection

Okay so the 242 is in my garage - no start condition. It will occasionally pop and burble, but gets nowhere close to starting. Greg says this happened in the fall when it was parked and then ran great in the spring, and then didn't run again - cool. Current setup: b230 bottom end - built to...
  11. MrBill

240 LH 2.4 Hot Start Issues

Okay so this is a good friend's wife's car. It's an 89 245 with around 400,000 miles. The motor is original and runs quite well. No check engine lights, recent tune up including bosch cap and rotor, plugs, and wires. When it has been running and has been shut off and restarted (getting gas is...
  12. MrBill

240 How long does it take for your A/C to get cold?

Car is a 93 240. If it's hot, and by hot I mean 85-90+ (Fahrenheit), I can turn the A/C on and pretty quickly feel that it's cooler than the outside air, but it really isn't worth closing the windows for 2-3 minutes at least. Once it's cold, it's cold and stays cold. I mean I know it's old...
  13. MrBill

Head gasket questions

Build is a 2.5 penta crank, RSI long rods and pistons. Compression is advertised at 9.8:1 Goal is low-mid 300whp with a gtx3067 turbo. I measured the deck height today. I was able to slide a .0015 (fifteen ten-thousandths) feeler on the deck, which tells me my piston comes out of the block...
  14. MrBill

Experience with the crank scrapers for redblocks?

Searching came up with a few that had installed the metal ones, but I'm most interested in the Teflon ones.
  15. MrBill

240 Late model wiring diagrams

I've got a short in my dash illumination circuit. The car is a 93 245, but any late model greenbook stuff would probably get me close enough. Anyone?
  16. MrBill

240 Speaker mounting depth for 5.25 speakers

Car's a 93 245, it has the later style 5.25 speakers. I'm finding conflicting information searching the forums - anyone know what the depth is that I can run? I know it can't be much, but I need SOMETHING better. I really want to do a component setup and manual mirror trim to pop a tweeter in...
  17. MrBill

firewall hole diameter

The firewall hole below the wiper motor. I'm pretty sure it's for the LH but I'm hoping someone has an empty firewall and can shoot me a quick measurement! I believe the hole exists I'm fuel injected motors. In particular, this is a 93 with 2.4
  18. MrBill

Latest widebands - experience?

AEM has an LSU 4.9 sensor controller now. $165 http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4110-UEGO-Ratio-Gauge/dp/B00N3VGPYS The rest use the 'OG' 4.2 sensor SLC has a $110 controller and I already have an LSU 4.2 sensor. http://www.14point7.com/products/slc-gauge Innovate has a new MTX-L which is like...
  19. MrBill

Tank and Main pump upgrade for my 245

93 245 - soon to get gtx3067 and 2.5 16v - ~325wheel maybe - let's hope I'll get e85 one day. Right now, at below ~1/4 to 1/8 tank, it is hard to start when it hasn't run in a while. I suspect the tank pickup, but wish to do an overall upgrade to prepare for the new motor. I don't want an...
  20. MrBill

MrBill's 1993 245 DD - Project 'Nicorette'

Nicorette because my '78 will be down for long enough I need to entertain myself with SOMETHING. I bought this guy August 2013 from a guy in Wilmington, Delaware for the fair price of $900. It had Virgos, a sweet Swedish flag vinyl wrap on the roof (covering a bad clear coat I believe), a fuel...
Back