• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 89760Turbo

Troubles removing turbo/manifold

hey im havin troubles getting my exhaust manifold and turbo off of my 1986 740t parts car. i got everything off except 1 bolt on the bracket under the manifold and the oil line from the engine block to the turbo. can someone tell me the best way to get the manifold and turbo off. do i just take...
  2. 89760Turbo

b230f vs b230ft

I am just wondering how similar these engines are in terms of connecting rods, and pistons. i have a good condition 5 spd 1989 740 GL b230f and a parts car 1986 740 T b230ft. the b230f is in 10x better condition than the b230ft which i why i want to +T the 740GL which misc pieces from the 740T...
  3. 89760Turbo

Hesitaion Problem

Ok so me and my buddy cleaned our air filters the other day and i think he put too much oil on my filter. ever since we cleaned our filters my engine has been struggling and hesitating at around 3000 rpm but in the lower rpm it runs decent. can this hesitation be caused by the filter oil...
  4. 89760Turbo

If you have an 850, Please Look!

hey i am just wondering if anyone could give a measurement in inches from the rear fender to the front fender, so i can figure something out with a sideskirt fitment. on my 89' 760 it measures approx 79" and i am hoping the 850 is near the same or larger. i want to get the side skirts and front...
  5. 89760Turbo

Volvo 850 Bumper Measurement

Hey can someone give me the dimensions of the front bumper on a 93-97 volvo 850? i am thinking about ordering a front bumper for the 850 from erebuni and custom fitting it on a 1989 volvo 760. this a bad idea or will it work? thanks.
  6. 89760Turbo

Weird sound under acceleration?

ok i have a 1989 volvo 760 turbo. i have a mbc (7psi), a/f gauge, and boost guage. shorty after i installed the boost controller and guages i set the psi to about 10. my car makes a kind of high pitched fluttering sound that speeds up and gets louder as i accelerate. anyone know what could be...
  7. 89760Turbo

Air Fuel Ratio Gauge Question

hey ive had my a/f gauge installed in my car (89' 760T) for a while now and i dont think it is working properly. when i first installed it, under full throttle my mixture read quite rich. i recently replaced my stock airbox with an air raid cone filter. now under full throttle my a/f ratio reads...
  8. 89760Turbo

Bilstein TC vs Bistein HD

i bought the nivomat conversion kit a while ago from IPD and chose the touring class shocks because they were considerably cheaper than the heavy duties. was this a bad decision? is there a big difference in the performance of these shocks for the extra $112?
  9. 89760Turbo

Is this a 90+ Manifold?

hey is this a 90 or later model exhaust manifold? thanks
  10. 89760Turbo

Would this work?

would it be easy to modify a body kit for an 850 to fit on a 1989 760? i noticed these body designs are similar and can only find one body kit for the 760 which IMO is not very nice. any help appreciated.
  11. 89760Turbo

Tail Light Cleaning

My car used to emit black smoke from the exhaust which built up on the inside of my right side tail lights. anyone know a safe solvent i can use to clean them?
  12. 89760Turbo

Can You Tell Me What This Trouble Light Means?

hi this trouble light popped up on my dash one day in my 89 760 Turbo and i am not sure what it means. i cannot find my owners manual so i thought id try here. it is the light right under the clock, the trouble light more on the left of this picture (the other one on the right is for a burnt out...
  13. 89760Turbo

Independent Rear Suspension

are these springs interchangable?
  14. 89760Turbo

Automatic to Manual Conversion?

is this possible / relatively easy to do?
  15. 89760Turbo

Oil Cooler Line Repair

today on my way to school my car (89' 760T) got stuck in the the snow. we have had a huge load of snow lately. the bottom of my car has been dragging on the snow which has been forcing my skid plate upwards. the skidpate has been pushing upwards forcing one of my lines from the oil cooler into a...
  16. 89760Turbo

Springs

about 6 months ago i went to auto toyz in a local mall and was looking to lower my car (1989 760 Turbo). the guy there ordered me these springs from B&G: http://www.autocarparts.com/part/960/300 after letting them sit in my garage for a few months in finally decided to install them. i got the...
  17. 89760Turbo

Air Box

when i was installing my k&n filter on my 89' 760 turbo a while ago i noticed in my air box that there is a flap which always seems to be closed. when i push on this spring loaded thing the flap moves open but i noticed it is not connected to anything and there is nothing to push it open. if...
  18. 89760Turbo

Parts Car

will parts from a 1988 740 turbo fit on a 1989 760 turbo like doors, quarter panels, bumper, etc? anyone have a good site where it shows what parts will fit on each car?
  19. 89760Turbo

Blow Off Valve

are blow off valves useless on turbo charged automatics? :???:
  20. 89760Turbo

Wheels

i was looking around all day today and these are the only rims i could find to fit my car: http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=2&id=130 also, im planning on buying the 17" ones but im not sure what size tire i need. stock is p195/65r15. would it be p195/65r17? oh and this is my car...
Back