• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. C

factory sound deadening removal on a 240

I've got 80% of the factory sound deadening removed with a paint scraper. The last part is really stuck on there. Does anyone have a trick to remove the tough parts? Will a heat gun help? An angle grinder? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!
  2. C

Bouncing speedo needle - 1993 245

My speedo needle started to bounce, maybe 20+mph bounce. For instance if I was going 55 on a highway it might bounce between 35 and 55 mph. After a few days of that it completely died and never came back to life. I've replaced the cluster with a known working speedometer but that didn't solve...
  3. C

body shop recommendation - MD/Baltimore area

I need to have floor pans replaced and some minor rust work done on a 242. Doe anyone have shop recommendations around MD/Baltimore? Thanks!
  4. C

Clips for shifter accordion

Not sure how to explain this...I swapped the front carpet in my 242 and I unhooked the shifter accordion to do it. I've lost the little rubber things that hold the accordion in place. Does anyone know what these are called? Or a part number I can order? If anyone has some spares that would be...
  5. C

240 seat, side bolsters

Can I repair the bolsters on the vertical part of the seat? Or is it a replacement only option? Anyone have a how to? Thanks!
  6. C

84 240 no power windows

I currently have no power windows and the three center gauges (battery, turbo, oil pressure) are not working. Does anyone know if these cross paths somewhere, electrically? Is there one wire, fuse, or relay that may cause both these failures or are these separate problems? I've been chasing...
  7. C

Homebrew TAB tool URL

Anyone have the plans for the homebrew TAB tool? I've tried the URL a number of times on different computers, it hangs on me and I eventually get a timeout error. ref; http://www-ese.fnal.gov/People/wilcer/volvo_trailing_arm_bushing_tool.htm Or is anyone willing to let me borrow/buy theirs...
  8. C

Heat/fan runs non stop on highway

It?s a 93 240 - when I?m on the highway the fan/heat won?t turn off. It blows equivalent to the 1 or 2 setting. As soon as I exit the highway the heat stops blowing and everything acts as it should. Anyone have any suggestions? Currently the AC is inoperable but would that affect the this issue?
  9. C

240 Used fuel rail

Pulled a fuel rail at the JY and I want to make it shiny and new again. Anyone have a tried a true method for doing this?
  10. C

240 Hood problem - 1993 240

My hood doesn't stay closed. The mushroom shaped latch with the spring surrounding it won't stay in place. As I drive it works itself out, the hood starts to bounce and eventually I have to stop and re-tighten the mushroom and spring component. Anyone have any ideas why this just started to...
  11. C

PCV system and additional maintenance

Noticed a small amount of smoke coming out of my dipstick this afternoon. I checked my flametrap and it was dirty but pretty clear through. I'm going to replace the oil separator or clean it this weekend haven't decided which yet, but my question is this - while I've got the intake manifold off...
  12. C

Noisy fuel pump, '93 240

So, two weeks ago my in-line fuel pump died. We replaced it with a 740 turbo spec fuel pump that had been sitting for a while. It was the only one handy and I needed to get home. After the install the pump was making a mechanical buzzing but the car seemed to do fine on the test drive. I drove...
  13. C

Lowering a '93 240 with ABS

Tbers, I'm Looking to lower a 1993 245 with B&G springs but my dilemma is shocks/struts. My first choice would be Bilstein HDs but with the ABS on the later model 240s those are kind of a non-starter. Boges turbo pro gas seem like they will work and I can find rears but have had zero look...
Back