• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. KwikBrik245

Hmmm 8.8 or 9"???

I will be upgrading the axle in the twin turbo car here shortly but am still undecided about what unit will be going in. I know the 8.8 will be adequate for what the car and I will be doing, but I really like the idea of a 9" and having a different gear set/ratio on standby just in case. What...
  2. KwikBrik245

Fatman's Invasion: The Dust Off

This Saturday 5/29 at my home track is one of my favorite shows/race days. It started out as a VW/Audi event, and have watched it grow out of 3 smaller venues. It has since become a great show for all cars. The event moved to Thompson Raceway in Thompson, OH a few years ago. Proceeds go to the...
  3. KwikBrik245

Fuel Level Sender '88 740 Turbo

Since the fuel gauge in the 740 doesn't work, and I have the tank torn down for the fuel pump upgrade I figured I would dissect the level sender. All the wiring checked out with a multimeter so I moved on to the float assembly and found that at the bottom of one of the resistor rods that the...
  4. KwikBrik245

Meling 10296 Std. or HiPress. Spring?

I have a Meling 10296 High Vol. oil pump for my twin turbo LS1 rebuild as was wondering if I should also install the High pressure spring that comes with it? Plumbing for the turbos will consist of; Oil cooler adapter, about 9' -4 line, Setrab stacked oil cooler, TurboSmart oil pressure...
  5. KwikBrik245

KwikBrik245's Twin Turbo LS1 '88 744 REbuild: Damaged Goods

Here is my attempt at a project thread. Please bear with me. Back in 2015 a good friend of mine was ready to purchase his first Volvo, and a fellow member (Svenski) informed me of a super clean '88 744 turbo at his Volvo dealership. My friend and I went to look at the car and he knew he...
  6. KwikBrik245

TurboBricks Crashing Drag Week and Roadkill Nights 2021

I was planning on attending both of these events this year, but that obviously didn't happen. Luckily it has given me more time to focus on reliability so I can make the 1000mi trek of Drag Week with as few issues as possible. Both event dates are TBD at this point, but I am confident that...
  7. KwikBrik245

ABS Delete/Brake questions

What's up everyone? Hope your holidays were great. Car: '88 744, 5.7 LS1, Twin Turbo, T56. The ABS pump has been removed, and I will be cleaning up the brake lines soon. my main question is if there is any difference between the ABS/Non-ABS front brake calipers as far as stopping power goes? I...
  8. KwikBrik245

questions involving hardwiring the main fuel pump

If I hard wire the main fuel pump to diagnose an intermitent problem, will I have any issues other than losing the "inertia switch" function that would shut off fuel in the event of an accident? I am trying to diagnose a annoyingly intermitent problem with power to fuel going away. I have...
  9. KwikBrik245

no more RWD Pegs?

Did ipd discontinue the RWD Pegasus wheels? I dont see them on the website anymore :(
  10. KwikBrik245

240 New to Cleveland

I just moved from Sacramento, CA to Cleveland, OH about two months ago and will be picking up a new brick. Are there any of you guys around here, or am I alone? lol.
  11. KwikBrik245

Self grounding, or Co-axial?

So i went and hunted down the "newest" most flexible engine harness i could find at pnp. It was cut right where the AFM wires leave the harness. there are two wires that appear to be self-grounding that need to be spliced. On my old harness one is black and one is green. The new harness has two...
  12. KwikBrik245

Locating a 001 or 002 AFM in Sacramento

I just went to all 3 PNPs in my area, and couldn't find one. I'm hoping I can find one before noon on Sunday. I'm supposed to be leaving for a family trip to Tahoe. Any leads? :-)
  13. KwikBrik245

240 ...and so it begins

So today i was driving my new purchase home ('84 244gl AT), when it suddenly died. I coasted into a nearby parking, lot and started troubleshooting. I discovered the springloaded contact point in the dist cap was broken, as it fell out of the cap. Two spark plug wires were only pushed into the...
  14. KwikBrik245

New tint!

So I unexpectedly got today off today. Since I had nothing to do... I decided to tint the windows on my 245. I did 4% on the rear 5 windows, 55% on the front roll-ups, and a signal enabling 70% on the windshield. Now I have a bit more privacy and a sexier looking brick. I will be posting pics...
  15. KwikBrik245

OD bypass

So if my overdrive solenoid is bad.. then there isnt any way to bypass it unless I buy the part from ipd? Anyone in the Sacramento area with one to sell? Lol
  16. KwikBrik245

Long time no type...

Whats up guys!? So I'm am once again a Volvo owner :-) '90 240dl Wagon. Straight trade for a '94 Camry
  17. KwikBrik245

Goodbye Heidi :(

So I had a lapse in my auto insurance (9 days). Sunday night while in the in 'n' out drive thru getting a milk shake, a placer county sheriff decided that he was hungry too. Between the order box and the two windows, he ran my plates and saw that dmv put a hold on my insurance. As soon as I get...
  18. KwikBrik245

Decisions...

Ok so I have a 1993 940 Sedan na at w/ 150k miles. I am either trading it for 1 of 2 cars, or buying 1 of the 2 cars. The first is a 1991 780 turbo at w/ 175k, or... a 83 242 at w/ 183k. What do you guys think? both have straight bodies and good paint, but both have fair interior.
  19. KwikBrik245

back window.

So last night I discovered that the rear window of my car is laminated... Parked by a train tressle and a rock or something got kicked up and wham! I priced a new one at $600. Holy ****. I can only imagine how difficult it is to pull a good one out w/o cracking it.
  20. KwikBrik245

940 Kickdown cable question

I broke the grommet for my kickdown cable on my aw70 where it goes into the trans casting. Do I have to replace the whole cable or can I source just the grommet?
Back