• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. MiniMotoSX

960 Codes 5-1-1 & 2-2-3

1992 Volvo 960 with Check Engine Light on. I have found a couple of codes using the diagnostic tool under the hood. Codes are as follows from Pin 2 5-1-1 2-2-3 I have attempted to find any information on the first code & have failed completely. I have found information for the 2nd code for the...
  2. MiniMotoSX

Key Won't Turn in Ignition!

Hey so I recently just picked up a 1992 960 I have been planning to buy & have started it a bunch of times. Recently I just found it that the key will not turn in the ignition. Do these cylinders go bad? Could there be something else I should check first? Thanks!
  3. MiniMotoSX

Volvo 960 First things to do!

Hey fellow turbobrickers! I am about to purchase a Volvo 960 from my dealership. It was traded in as a high mileage car 200,xxx + miles. I can get it for dirt cheap & want to get back into the Volvo game! I have heard these cars need certain maintenance such as the timing belt about every 30,000...
  4. MiniMotoSX

1992 Volvo 960 Suspension?!

Hey guys! I haven't been on here in quite a while. I ended up having to get rid of my old 940 :-( my first car at that because I bent all the valves & couldn't afford to keep it up at the time. It got donated to a church that fixes cars. I currently have a 2002 Camaro Z28. I'm starting to turn...
  5. MiniMotoSX

740 to 940 Doors?

Just a quick question. Would the interior door panels of a 1991 940 Sedan fit on an 89 I believe 720 Turbo Wagon?
  6. MiniMotoSX

940 940 N/A Wintertime Problems

Hey guys the other day when I started my car it seemed to start up fine but then when I put it into gear it's idle dropped a whole lot. When it is in Drive and I give it gas from a dead stop the car barely moves no matter how much throttle I give it. It eventually after about 5-10 seconds it...
  7. MiniMotoSX

940 Engine Clatter

So here's my problem. Was driving the car and started to hear some type of ticking noise & whining. I brought it back home and inspected some. I noticed that the timing belt was off about 2 or 3 cogs and it wasn't too tight. So I adjusted the timing back to specifications and tried to start it...
  8. MiniMotoSX

940 Low Compression and Some Knocking..

So after adjusting my timing back to spec I am still having problems. It sounds like something is just barely knocking near the back of my block. I just came inside from doing a compression test on all 4 cylinders. 1=130 2=135 3=140 4=105 Could this 4th cylinder be the culprit? I am wondering if...
  9. MiniMotoSX

940 Timing Question

Hey guys so hopefully nothing inside the engine is busted yet but yesterday while I was driving I started to hear a whine on my car, almost like it had a damn supercharger. I pulled over and popped the hood. It sounded like the whining was coming from the timing belt. I took all the covers off...
  10. MiniMotoSX

Need to be Slammed!

I don't think I can handle my 940 being a monster truck anymore. I feel like I'm one of those rappers with 26"donks on my impala cruising around. I want to get down low. Is there any suspension kits out there that will help me out? I would prefer not to cut the springs & if it makes much of a...
  11. MiniMotoSX

What is this part?

I took it off of here.. Because it was leaking. Is this my Hi Pressure Power Steering Hose? I know it's for power steering but for some reason I keep getting wrong parts when I order them.
  12. MiniMotoSX

iPD Turbo Cam work in Non Turbo?

Hey guys just a quick question, if I bought the iPD turbo cam for my non turbo 940, would it work in there? I'm looking to buy the adjustable cam gear but then I saw that there is a cam and cam gear set so I figured why not if it fits haha
  13. MiniMotoSX

Wheel Options?

I have a feeling I'm going to get chewed out for this thread, but I have searched numerous times and haven't found much on it. I'd like to get some new rims for my car, its a 91' 940. What could be some options to me? Not looking to get ACTUAL rims to pick from but what would be the correct...
  14. MiniMotoSX

Droopy Headliner!

So my headliner towards the rear and the sides have been saggy since I've gotten the car. It's a 940. It's always really bugged me too. So have any guys had any experience taking their headliners out? I've put black suede on my door panels above the handles and figured I could do the actual...
  15. MiniMotoSX

940 Running So Bad :(

Hey guys so lately my 940 has been running so horrible. The idle is ridiculous. It was idling at about 500rpm at startup and even after it had warmed up. Then also it's pretty hesitant when I give it some gas from a roll or from a dead stop. So I went and turned up the idle a bit. Now it seems...
  16. MiniMotoSX

900 Series Performance

Soo I've been looking around hoping to find some things to be able to help my 940 get it's speed up a bit more. I've found it's been hard to find anything really aftermarket for it out there. Does anyone know of anything you can do yourself or anyone make custom aftermarket 940 performance parts...
  17. MiniMotoSX

940 Starter/No Start

So my starter I figured went bad on my 940. I was trying to get it started but it wouldn't start anymore then I had my dad try and start it while I watched under the hood and saw smoke coming from by the starter. So I ended up removing that starter and going to get it tested and came out that it...
  18. MiniMotoSX

940 Oxygen Sensor Troubles

So I tested my oxygen sensor the other day and it's giving me a reading of .3 volts. So in that case it's reading lean. I might sound dumb here but for some reason I can't get a hold of this, my car's mpg's are terrible right now so it's dumping gas. If the O2 sensor is sending lean to the...
  19. MiniMotoSX

Fuel Injector Seals

Hey guys I'm going to change my fuel injector seals to see if it's going to solve my problem with my check engine light tomorrow at all. I had a quick question if anyone has ever done this before and how long should it take? I'll have about 2 hours to get it done during school.
  20. MiniMotoSX

Check Engine Light

So for about the last week my check engine light has been on in my 940 gle. I know it's not OBDII obviously so I was wondering how to exactly read the codes that it is getting. I know theres that little black box under the hood on the drivers side except how do you work that? Any help guys?
Back