• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. M

Dead cylinder for the first mile

So if we're to assume compression is fine and the flow of air is fine, seems like a simple "misfire" to diagnose. When the symptom occurs, what's not firing? No spark or no Fuel? It's always the #2? You can put a test light on the plug wire, and diagnose spark there....could be bad wire or...
  2. M

CS Performance fuel injection

I've used them twice now, first time was my 2JZ, and most recently, my Redblock. They've proven a reliable source for rebuilt injectors, for me.
  3. M

Volvo or Bust: Adopting a '92 740 Turbo Wagon

So, I THOUGHT I was all prepared to dive in and tackle the center support bushing & bearing. It wasn't until my bushing arrived that I learned this is a bit different than a 240. The bushing was just a donut that slipped on and off, on the 240. This was going to require the bearing...
  4. M

7/9xx Drive Shaft Center Support Bushing

I wanted to update you, ZVOLV, as you asked me to document the process with photos. I got carried away in the process and failed at photos. After my first failed attempt, my second bout was with a pre-assembled bearing/bushing. I didn't riddle with heat/freezing, to assist. Instead, a light...
  5. M

'91 940 Turbo bumper

I swapped over a complete 940/960 headlight/grill and front bumper setup to my otherwise stock 740, so they’ll interchange. Or are you referring to the early 740 fronts with sealed beam headlights and the coffin style hood/grill?
  6. M

Early 740 Air Conditioning Parts

I didn't need to replace my evaporator, so I don't KNOW first hand, but I'd bet it will interchange. If you still have an evaporator in there that's still good, flush it and reuse it with the new components.
  7. M

Early 740 Air Conditioning Parts

93 is the big change-over year, as I've learned. 92 got a upgrade, but 93 introduced the R134a system, and I believe a lot of the components are higher capacity. The fittings at the condenser are a lot more user friendly than the earlier types. Well worth finding some of the 93+ components...
  8. M

I didn't...just sent it. I know what I purchased and damaged last night was correct, though my methods need some improving
  9. M

took your advise after blowing up the new poly bushing & new bearing. Ordered your ready-made unit and HOPE I don't mess up the bearing installing this.
  10. M

Wow this is a $hit ass job. 3-jaw puller is no fun for removing the awkward bushing/bearing. New bearing wasn't easy to seat in new bushing, and i screwed up the bearing upon installing it to DS...total do over and waste of money. I may go that ebay, assembled unit route
  11. M

Tri-Metal Bearings?

Called King....they directed me to part number MB5259-XPC which is a tri-metal option for Honda B-Series. They're supposed to be 0.04" longer and 0.0004" thicker. And I'd still need to find a thrust bearing that'll fit...I don't have the dimensions for that.
  12. M

Is this mount too far gone?

Turbo, both times. Getting the hardware from subframe to aluminum mount bracket is a patient process. long 3/8" extension and u-joint gets in there pretty good. Upper nut is ez-pz. Impact the mount off lower bracket, after it's out. Install is reverse of removal. You've got this!
  13. M

It's a painless procedure that can be done in an hour if you've done it before. Not scary. I did it all myself, and then again on a friend's 940.
  14. M

https://928srus.com/products/copy-of-928-375-039-00-am-motor-mount-83-to-95-pair-aftermarket?_pos=2&_psq=engine%20mo&_ss=e&_v=1.0 I've got close to 10K miles on these now, and they feel great.
  15. M

Tri-Metal Bearings?

Bumping this as I ran into an unexpected riddle. The bearings arrived, however the mains were bi-metal alu-glide bearings, not TRI-METAL. I called ACL, and their tech department confirmed the error on their facts sheet, and also indicated that there's no major brand that's currently producing...
  16. M

Thats a goner for me
  17. M

Tri-Metal Bearings?

Thanks for sharing. I didn’t quite know the potential cons. That said, for the amount of cannonball style driving it’ll see, i think it’s worth it. I’m ocd on the servicing side, so that may not be too concerning
  18. M

Wiseco Pistons - Pin Boss Spacing?

talking with Josh now about his pistons, as they'll work with a stock (ish) rod
  19. M

So far as I can tell, rods aren't my issue, if they're dimensionally the same as what else is out there. Who makes the pistons that fit?
  20. M

I'm not sure where you found those. Just checked KG trimming and found a collection of cast pistons, no rods All the 152mm options I see on KL Racing are a 25mm wide rod
Back