• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. stevE85

tremec t5 resonance in 4th and 5th gear

OP, I had very similar groaning/humming through the body of my old 242 when I put a T5 in place of the broken M46. The semi-fix for me was the engine and transmission mounts. I had RSI engine mounts with a energy transmission mount. I swapped the trans mount for the cheap anchor rubber one and...
  2. stevE85

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

Looks great. Now add the BOOST! The tall gears with some positive pressure is awesome.
  3. stevE85

Davis 2024 - April 27-28

Registered. See everyone there this year.
  4. stevE85

Thoughts on Drive Shaft Thiccness? (diameter)

I have a stock/modified for T56 slip yoke at front in a turbo LS combo that hasn't given up yet. It's just got new stock u joints with a hd center support bearing. Car is in sig, 1982 also.
  5. stevE85

cool, I'll dig around
  6. stevE85

are you keeping this thing NA? I might still have a stock LS7 clutch on a LS1 FW kicking around that you could score for free if you want to make the trip.
  7. stevE85

Well, she looks shiny in the pic of the drivers side. I've got a LS2 GTO T56 in mine and its been awesome. I ended up cutting the tunnel open where the shifter comes through on mine to make everything fit nice, but it did make the carpet fit a little funny under the console plastic. I also put...
  8. stevE85

Did you cut/buff the car? The paint looks great in the last pic.
  9. stevE85

Volvo 244 drift car

I dig the arrangement. Header looks really cool, and the forward placement should keep the turbo from heat soaking. Not sure why anyone would recommend a 90+ for any sort of high HP application, the header is the only answer. Is the car up and running with this setup?
  10. stevE85

530 head porting

That price is pretty standard, $50/port is normal to start.
  11. stevE85

N/A 2.5" Exhaust Setup Suggestions

Are you doing 2.5" because you're planning ahead for +T? These engines only make about 100whp on the best day of the week, if you're going to keep it N/A you might consider a smaller tube size more appropriate to the power output. I had a 11:1 compression B23 in my old 242 that put down 121whp...
  12. stevE85

Budget performance tire recomendation

To be fair, my ex used to commute with the car so that accounted for most of the mileage. I never used them for any track style event, but bought them solely because they were a coveted time attack tire back then, and I wanted to try a good sticky tire on the twisty roads around Lake Berryessa...
  13. stevE85

2manyturbos is absolutely right. The RT660 is a badass tire, however very soft. I had a set on my old Mazdaspeed 3, they were awesome, but only lasted 15k. YMMV.
  14. stevE85

dl242gt is right, I fat fingered the keys. Meant 205-60-15
  15. stevE85

Look into Nitto Neo Gen tires 205-50-15, a pretty good balance between inexpensive and performance.
  16. stevE85

The 2022 West vs. East Drag Race Competition

I ran a soft 12.50 last year right ahead of the 2nd pass and the 1031 letting go. I'll send my slip for the West coast
  17. stevE85

LS 240 Front Spring Rate

I'm at the final stages of my 244 conversion. Combo is L33(Alum. block 5.3L), 7675 Turbo, T56. Car has PS only. So, my question is for those of you with similar combos/front weight is what spring rate makes for a good performance street feel? I have 300/lbx10" now, and it's pretty soft. Thinking...
  18. stevE85

240 Shifter boot installation

I just bought an MTC shifter boot, however I'm having a tough time figuring how it gets secures to the floor and seals. Is there a metal retaining ring to clamp it to the floor with the (4) bolt holes surrounding the shifter hole? Thanks. I should add I'm putting this in a 1982 244, but I am...
  19. stevE85

MS2 No Spark (I think I may have screwed up)

Okay, so I'm working on getting my 244 running on MS2. I've been reading/learning constantly but am still confused. Setup as follows: MS2/V3.0, LH 2.2 Hall, MSD 6AL. I wired it the way DIY shows externally, and wired the MSD like DIY shows as well. I am starting to question if I messed up by...
Back