• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. aristg

Performance clutch + master/slave cylinder riddle

Ιt seems that we have a difficult situation here. Let me explain in detail: I have a M90 on a B21ET which worked perfectly with the dog dish flywheel with the master - slave cylinder setup from a Volvo 740: FAG S5394G (master) + FAG 6472G (slave), engaging and disengaging at a normal position...
  2. aristg

AC / PS bracket

Anyone who has pictures or part number for b21/23 bracket which can support ac + power steering pump - the newer style ? I am NOT talking about the old style York compressor bracket which looks like a square missing one side which on top has the old triangle style pump. The goal is to mount...
  3. aristg

Oil Pump Drive Shaft

Being on the process of changing my B21's oil pump with a high high volume Melling (30mm gears) i stumbled on a weird issue. Having the intermediate shaft (which drives the pump and distributor) out of the engine and oil pump removed, only having the pump's drive shaft in place, i tried to...
  4. aristg

Wheel HP-Torque & Engine HP-Torque Relation

Lets say we dyno a car on 4th gear (1:1 ratio) which has a 3.73 ratio differential. Also lets assume the peak results are 300whp and 400NM (measured at the wheel .. not hubs). The wheel is a 18" 235/40/18. If we assume that there are no powertrain losses (no friction etc) .. how can the engine...
  5. aristg

Coilover spring and strut insert rebound rate matching

It has been a while since i am trying to figure out the process of carefully choosing components for my 240's coilover setup. However i stumbled on a problem that seems to be nowhere explained, so thought of posting a thread about it. From what i have seen there are a few things to calculate...
  6. aristg

Very High EGT on load & idle

I have posted the details of my PROJECT lately which in general works well, but i have some issues with very high EGTs. Cam details are the following. It is a slightly modified A cam. The initial position of the thermocouple was on the manifold but then i moved it on the turbine a few mms...
  7. aristg

The (build) story of a Greek (hopefully fast) 240 brick

The (build) story of a Greek (probably fast - 425 whp) 240 brick Credits and Thanks ! ***Dedicated to the memory of my good friend and mechanic Christos. RIP 18/4/2021*** First of all i want to thank all of the TB’s members who have been generating knowledge about our loved bricks in this...
  8. aristg

Diff gear whine - 1030 rear axle

Here is a really "new" noise problem for me, with a "time wait" solution as it seems, as we concluded with Gary. Maybe someone else has the same problem or even a solution so, share it !! The past year i had my open diff replaced with a TrueTrac, as well as the carrier bearings and cover seal...
  9. aristg

Ocean MK18 or Timeless + R Brakes

Hello people, i am trying to find some wheels for my 240 (which is going to be equipped with the S60R calipers and rotors mod front and back) and i found out that the Ocean MK18's are a direct fit for the car in general. I am not sure however if the offset (ET6) or the space behind the spokes...
  10. aristg

8 or 4 Counterweights

Hello People, seems that it has never been discussed before, and may be a more philosophical question rather than practical since the cost of such an upgrade is big. So the question is about crankshafts and specifically if someone knows about the difference in performance between a 8 and a 4...
  11. aristg

Injectors and whp

Firstly there is an interesting book about injection systems which is found here: Book By Greg Barnish. The link is pointing at the correct page about choosing injectors, for anyone that likes equations and theory stuff. I read a post of a guy (sorry i don't remember his nick) at a Honda forum...
  12. aristg

S60R brakes on a 240

Hello people, i am planning on buying some S60R rotors/calipers/adapters for my 240's front and rear. I saw IPD is selling a big brake kit only for the front .. which lead me into the following questions especially for the rear. 1) Can the rear rotors be used in a way that the original...
  13. aristg

B21ET or B230ET

For the following lets for now forget the fueling/ignition way for both of the following engines and focus on the other matters: As a fact we have a 531 head + 90s manifold + a GTX2863R + the inlet mani from a B23 + a 240! Now, there are two blocks: One B21ET, which i actually don't know which...
  14. aristg

Analog .. to less analog speedo.

The case: An analog speedo which reads speed through the M46 analog connection. The problem: The M46 is ditched to be replaced with a M90, which has no connection for the speedo. However the back axle has a tone ring sensor, but is connected to nothing (probably the back axle was swapped from a...
  15. aristg

Speedometer

Hello, i own a 240 with a B21ET where i recently installed a TrueTrac @ rear axle. However since i did not need the abs sensor, i did not install it (i have no abs and the speed is measured @ the m46 gearbox) I am thinking of installing a M90 gearbox, but this has no speedo cable out such as...
  16. aristg

GTX2867R or GTX3067R T3 flanged ?

The case: B21ET with 531 head, B23 intake, 90s Mitsubishi exhaust manifold ported to T3 flange, A cam, 3 inch downpipe then 2.5 inch with no mufflers or cat and Kjet. The car has no electronics at all, so no knock sensors etc just a wideband :oops: The question for turbo experts :cool...
  17. aristg

KJet Injectors On B23 Intake

Has anyone tried or successfully found a way to mount KJet mechanical injectors on a B23 intake instead of the head where they normally go? I am asking this because on the 531 head there are no holes for injectors (so if there is no solution i have to drill some), but there are on the intake...
  18. aristg

AEM Analog Wideband

Hello people, i just bought an AEM Analog Wideband, however, the little 8 pin harness was wired differently than shown in the user manual, hence it was not working. So, i tried most or the combos, and worked, but the dimming thing is not responding at all. So if anyone has this wideband...
  19. aristg

240 B21ET to B230ET

Hello People, I own a 240, which has a B21ET controlled by the simplest way K-Jet (no Jetronics, Motronics etc but mechanical injectors, no sensors, no ECUs etc). While i was looking around at the local dealers i spotted a B230ET block (with Mitsu exhaust, a "good" intake manifold, 531 Head...
  20. aristg

B21ET unknown turbocharger

Hello guys, i have a B21ET, which has an unknown (for me) Garrett turbocharger on it. Its specs are: Compressor: A/R 42, BCC2, M24, Turbine: 0148 11, JW6, M4 and is oil cooled. No other info available! I really have no idea what this thing is, some say on the net that it is a T25, some say that...
Back