• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. D

Idle Problem

Been trying to figure out my idle problem forever, just fixed several vac leaks thinking that would help. The car runs fine for 30 seconds, then will bog down and die. Will restart just fine but immediately will bog down then surge up, bog down, and surge up, trying to find an idle. It does this...
  2. D

Where to find these vacuum connectors?

Going through fixing vac and boost leaks on my 740 turbo, there’s lots of them. Where can I find these rubber reducers in the photos? Also why are they necessary, why not just run vac lines directly to the charcoal canister? The ziptie didn’t help anything lol https://postimg.cc/gallery/Z4N8D3L
  3. D

What is this O-ring?

I found a vacuum leak at my intake manifold where the EGR tube bolts up. I don't have any other EGR components though, the pipe just has an electrical connector and a hose connecting to the fuel rail. What is it? I can't find it anywhere; no auto parts store has one this thick. It fits into a...
  4. D

Fuel Injector Question

I'm replacing the fuel injector seals and I noticed 3 out of 4 injectors have a cracked pintle cap. I never replaced the seals when I first installed the injectors and it didn't want to idle when cold. The new seals have not fixed the problem. Are these cracked caps a problem or is my problem...
  5. D

Power steering hose doesn't seal

I think it's a problem with my remanufactured pump from Rockauto. Car is a 740, I reused the old hose that was already on the car and it wouldn't seal on the pump. I thought it was the old hose, I replaced it today and it still won't seal with the new hose and new pump. You don't need thread...
  6. D

Odd coolant leak

1994 940t. Odd coolant leak, over a day or two she leaks coolant, every time it takes exactly 1 Nalgene bottle to refill it, it never leaks more than that. I haven't really spotted the leak, anyone else experience a leak like this?
  7. D

Bench Bleeding question

My 94 940 has two brake line connections underneath the MC, and two block-off plugs on the side. With my other 740 with abs, there were only the connections on the side that the brake lines went into. Obviously, I used those two when bench-bleeding that car. On this car do I use the same ones on...
  8. D

Frozen Coolant System

Totally spaced out about adding more antifreeze to the mixture, this morning I'm seeing a frozen reservoir. If the block isn't cracked what should I do? I'm thinking to remove the hoses and radiator to unthaw them, remove the water belt pump, and run the car for a little to melt the ice?
  9. D

In-Tank Fuel Pump Electrical Testing

I have a 1994 940 and the fuel system is suspect, currently runs only with starter fluid. I loosened the connection at the fuel rail, and gas came out, I have not done a fuel pressure test because there's no Schrader valve. I replaced the RSR with a known good relay and replaced the fuel...
  10. D

Strangle high idle

1990 740T. When cold starting RPMs immediately jump to 2k-3k and stay there until the car reaches a certain temperature. It's not just the idle, once I'm moving and in gear, the car will move under its own power without my foot on the accelerator. It acts as if the accelerator is slightly...
  11. D

Caliper reccomendations

I need a new front caliper for my 740, it's a large single-piston caliper. Rockauto has lots of options so I was wondering if anyone has any advice for which brand to buy, and refurbished or new is better bang for buck. Thanks.
  12. D

Kl racing intercooler damage?

Went to the post office to get my intercooler today, and unpackaged it to find out it was damaged in transit. Any tips on fixing this? When the package was on its sides all the weight was on the elbows, there weren't any supports inside to distribute the weight off of the elbows. It must have...
  13. D

86 240 starter wiring?

Weird problem, reconnected starter wires after clutch job, no crank. Jumped with a screwdriver from the solenoid to the battery terminal connection and the car started but the starter wouldn't disengage until I disconnected the battery. There are only 3 wires to it, the two red ones which go to...
  14. D

After pull runs lean and crappy

1990 740 Turbo lh2.4 Did a 0-60 pull at 12psi afr's were normal this was about two hours into my doordash shift and it was boosting nicely. Upon slowing down, it began to run lean, hesitating, and low power from a stop. Afr's in the 16-17 range, drove home like this 2 miles, and stayed out of...
  15. D

Turbo oil feed line doesn't seal

I've just gone through 3 pairs of new copper washers trying to get this to seal. It's a 15g that I'm still using the stock feed line for, to make it fit I have to use a pry bar to gently put it into position so I can feed the bolt. Why would it not be sealing? I'm using new washers, anyone else...
  16. D

1990 740 very lean and rough idle

Last week I returned from two small road trips in my wagon and put 500 miles on it, the most I've driven it ever with no issues. Upon getting home, I replaced the turbo oil drain tube with the Yoshifab kit, obviously removing the turbo to do so. Reinstalled everything, the car started up and was...
  17. D

Sudden brake failure

1990 740 b230ft. Two months ago I replaced my front brakes and flushed the whole system. It was a success, the car was braking fantastically. The car sat for two months, today I went to go for a drive with new suspension and the pedal went straight to the floor. Was a little low on fluid, topped...
  18. D

Poly rear shock bushings?

Installed my rear Bilstein HDs and I had heard the bushings are a very tight fit, once I got them in they had formed many cracks. I think suspension had been sitting in someone's garage for a while before I installed it which is partly why the rubber deteriorated. Is there anyone that makes...
  19. D

Idle setting issues

These are the only instructions I've found to set the idle but I find them to not be very clear. I have several questions. Car is 1990 740 b230ft lh2.4 1. For part 2, if the car dies how do you adjust the idle for part 3? 2. I can't even find this adjustment screw to begin with? My 86 240 looks...
  20. D

Quick question on NGK BPR7ES sparkplugs

Do these plugs have removable threaded caps? I'm just wondering if I can use them with the performance IPD wires. The Bougicord wires are out of stock on IPD.
Back