• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1983 244 'Mericanized

I was shopping for gauges and had a brilliant? idea.

I really only need tach, oil press, coolant temp and maybe trans temp and oil temp. I think most, if not all of these are monitored by the PCM. I also believe there are some mobile apps that allow me to monitor said data thru via a Bluetooth device plugged into the obd II port.

Maybe this will save me some weight and $$$.

So far I've found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=Scantech.CarGaugePro&hl=en

I'm not sure about it yet. I understand there will likely be some latency in the data reporting, but I really don't need it to be super precise since I won't be shifting the transmission manually and only need to monitor temps and pressures.

That's too nerdy for you.

My brother in law uses 'torque' I think? I has those gauges and stuff. Works pretty damn well I think.

That's too nerdy for you.

My brother in law uses 'torque' I think? I has those gauges and stuff. Works pretty damn well I think.

No. A flat screen monitor mounted to the dash is too nerdy for me.

Torque looks good. I guess I'll use it with a cheap Fapplet.

Cool project, I second the heat gun, its well worth the money in this case! Lookk forward to seeing this thing burn some tires up!

Tonight I installed a 30k mile 2000 Corvette cam (.500/.500 lift, 209/198 duration, 115.5), lifters, rockers and push rods. Also some GM MLS 4.8/5.3 head gaskets and ARP rod bolts.

I was going to run the Braille battery in the trunk, but it's so dinky I think I'm going run it up front to make room for the two nitrous bottles and fuel cell.

Last edited:
Dang it!!! I was really hoping that my car would be the first US Volvo I'd ever seen with slicks and skinnies. Nice set up! I'll be following this.

Not every Volvo racer lives on turbobricks. ;-)
There have been a dozen 240 bracket cars come and gone in the last 20 years.
One black 245, in particular, had a twin turbo gen1 small block under its large hood scoop.

One of my old cars is getting a similar swap as we speak OP.
There should be an Lsomething powered 242 roaming my streets come spring time! :nod:

One of my old cars is getting a similar swap as we speak OP.
There should be an Lsomething powered 242 roaming my streets come spring time! :nod:

Cool.

I have a dream to eventually do a big block Caddy 500 and make it a big tire car. That's several seasons down the road.

Cool.

I have a dream to eventually do a big block Caddy 500 and make it a big tire car. That's several seasons down the road.

Now that's badass!
I saw a 460 powered 245 but the radiator was in front of the bumper......so that may not count! :lol:

I tried to install it with a truck pan, but it didn't clear, so I installed an F-body pan, pickup and windage tray.

I was going to put it in tonight, but I went up for dinner and got lazy.

I scored a used FTI 4k rpm stall converter w/antiballoning plates for $250.

This weekend I hope to get the 4l60e onto the back of the motor and see what kind of MC hammer-time needs to be done to clearance everything.

I am curious about your motor mount set up. Do you have any pictures? I have a 4.8 that is wanting to make its home in my 244. Any details would be appreciated.

The story is long. I got it from a donor car. Here is the link to the original fabricators page:

http://www.warrensweb.com/volvo/index.htm

Justin was one of the first guys to record his attempt at the swap. There have since been many variations of the lsx swap. I don't recommend using the mounting system used in my setup. There are several other members with active build threads that have better mounting solutions. I plan to redo the setup next season.

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4izlgk9/n263/cf100/cm0/cu5/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pcfff/tceac8d5/fs100/szw576/szh243/tatCountdown%20to%20opening%20day%20at%20MIR/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/matWillet%20run%3F/mac000/mpc000/iso2015-03-07T10:00:00" frameborder="0" width="576" height="243"></iframe>

Back