• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

745 into Pickup

From Sat. Was quite a rainy day, but still fun

index.php

index.php

Making supports to hold the Volvo/Thule Load bars & bike adaptors I've had since the 90's.

PXL-20230801-195948867.jpg

PXL-20230801-211826873.jpg

PXL_20230802_194334019.thumb.jpg.c98b524b1c2d83433fb8bd9cdaf7d8f6.jpg

PXL_20230802_220858013.thumb.jpg.9415218c8eaa13e1a34418cf3b4db185.jpg

index.php

going to add a top brace that wraps the wood to add support, then need gusset for the square tubing
index.php

Finished the forward bar supports. Wood is true 2x4 (cut down), I saved several studs when I took a wall apart some years back. Got to use the router I bought years ago when I had to build the attic window.

soaked in Tung Oil
index.php

index.php

Checked it with two bikes before I took this pic
index.php

Finished up the front coil overs with bump stops & boots from a 98 V70. Took some fiddling to get it inside the spiring, as the first & last coils are smaller. Base is a snug fit over the 700 strut insert cap nut

index.php

index.php

index.php

Are you going to roll the fenders? I would love to see how that looks, I'm running 302mm rotors with 17" Audi rims so I get some rubbing going over inclines at full lock with stock front springs.

Are you going to roll the fenders? I would love to see how that looks, I'm running 302mm rotors with 17" Audi rims so I get some rubbing going over inclines at full lock with stock front springs.
I wasn't planning on it, however I expect this and the V8 will potentially drop the nose. I have the 18" advanti hybris with V70 sized tires to try after the V8 is in, so maybe that is in my future ...

KOYO or CAM? Funny how they replicated the ZF "waffle pattern". Former, one or the other is smooth, as I swapped one of the JAPAN racks into my old 92 sedan. Going synthetic or ATF F?

KOYO or CAM? Funny how they replicated the ZF "waffle pattern". Former, one or the other is smooth, as I swapped one of the JAPAN racks into my old 92 sedan. Going synthetic or ATF F?

I'm not familiar with the Koyo appearance - this doesn't 'look' like a regular cam rack, I'm used to those having the steel tube mount on the PS of the rack. I'll take a couple closer pics later on.

I'm just flushing with type F & using that.

EDIT - looking online, it looks identical to this rack off AliExpress
screenshot-www.aliexpress.us-2023.12.08-09_05_29.png

Last edited:
lmk how the install goes, my rack is leaking out of all its seals at this point. It has decided that my 740 needs to be a leaky volvo somehow...

I'm thinking of going with a S40 electric ps pump and relocating my altenator lower and maybe trimming the throttle body fins down so I can run my stock hood. I might need to do some pie cuts on some pipe to get my intake at the right angle.

lmk how the install goes, my rack is leaking out of all its seals at this point. It has decided that my 740 needs to be a leaky volvo somehow...

I'm thinking of going with a S40 electric ps pump and relocating my altenator lower and maybe trimming the throttle body fins down so I can run my stock hood. I might need to do some pie cuts on some pipe to get my intake at the right angle.
Will do .
I also have a P1 Ps pump & fittings, plus the pwm controller off eBay, in case I need to do that with my V8.

With yours, isn't it the truck intake that's more of an issue? As far as the height? That was one reason I went with the LS intake.

Last edited:
Will do .
I also have a P1 Ps pump & fittings, plus the pwm controller off eBay, in case I need to do that with my V8.

With yours, isn't it the truck intake? That's more of an issue? As far as the height? That was one reason I went with the LS intake.
yes its the truck intake, I've been contemplating going to a lower ls style intake but don't want to drop the 1k for a fast lsx and no one is responding on marketplace that has a good ls intake that will work with the lm7 heads

yes its the truck intake, I've been contemplating going to a lower ls style intake but don't want to drop the 1k for a fast lsx and no one is responding on marketplace that has a good ls intake that will work with the lm7 heads

I think I bought the Camaro (LS6?) intake: 12573752 and Felpro MS 92438 seal set - it fit the cathedral port head, which is LM7, I think. There's one for under $400 on eBay right now- has a minor crack outside one port edge

index.php

index.php

the lowered TB meant modding the mount flange to clear the water pump
index.php

I think I bought the Camaro (LS6?) intake: 12573752 and Felpro MS 92438 seal set - it fit the cathedral port head, which is LM7, I think. There's one for under $400 on eBay right now- has a minor crack outside one port edge

index.php

index.php

the lowered TB meant modding the mount flange to clear the water pump
index.php

I saw that one, i might just pull the trigger on it, its been relisted a few times iirc too

edit: do you know what uppper radiator hose you are going with yet?

Last edited:
on other question, iirc you are running the truck block, did you also run a spacer on the water pump so that you could use that same truck crank pully? I'm making a jig so I can go to the parts store tonight and see if i can find a radiator hose thats for another vehicle that will fit for my upper since that will change.

I saw that one, i might just pull the trigger on it, its been relisted a few times iirc too

edit: do you know what uppper radiator hose you are going with yet?
on other question, iirc you are running the truck block, did you also run a spacer on the water pump so that you could use that same truck crank pully? I'm making a jig so I can go to the parts store tonight and see if i can find a radiator hose thats for another vehicle that will fit for my upper since that will change.

I bought a Gates 45002 Water Pump - which has the outlet facing forward - I think I got that from your thread? And the LS spacer kit

The hoses I bought in the same time frame were a Gates 23766, and a Gates 22373 , the rad I bought is a Be Cool 35223. I don't know if those hoses will end up working.

index.php

Last edited:
I think those were from another thread, but the becool radiator is the one I'm running, I'm gonna check that upper hose as well as that will prob be the only one I need to change.

edit: thats the exact radiator I bought last night, I made a coat hanger template and found the same one. apparently one of the cars its compatible with is a 140

I think those were from another thread, but the becool radiator is the one I'm running, I'm gonna check that upper hose as well as that will prob be the only one I need to change.

edit: thats the exact radiator I bought last night, I made a coat hanger template and found the same one. apparently one of the cars its compatible with is a 140

Cool!

I went looking for a listing, and found the Gates Catalog for hoses - lists by number but also shape. I'm going to keep that. Next I have to remember that I did so 🤪

Back