• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New club 300+ hp - see if you apply!

Yeah man I know, I'm just messin around with you. Nitrous, if properly installed on an engine setup for it can be as safe or safer than a turbo. Its all a matter of knowing what you're doing and doing it right. I myself am somewhat afraid of Nitrous, simply because of a lack of experience with it, though if one does it properly its a good choice. Good luck with it, I have very little doubt you'll have it working right. The whole thing with nitrous is its associated with stupid little ricers putting it in and dumping an entire tank and blowing there weak VTEC's out. But, the real people running it seem to do fine.
The best of luck to you.
-Andy

i've been running mine for 1 1/2 yrs, no problem. get a zex system very safe, will cut the no2 before you get lean. just upgrade to turbo componets and you can be @55 shot no-prob,pm for more. i'm still only half way there, can i add my volvo's together to get to 300? 13.5 i can do that in the 1/16 mile! or in the 1/4 off a cliff!

If a 1/4-mile E.T. or trap speed qualifies a car for membership in the 300 Pony Club, will you adjust for altitude? At 5800 feet, it makes a huge difference. Just curious.

See you this summer when I qualify.

sure, i'll leave that up to the submission... i.e. since its more difficult for higher altitudes... if you present the math and it works out you're fine

TaderSalad said:
ahh, but you make more power... shit thread jack.

take it to another thread :wink:

I can tell you right now my b23FT at 14 psi has WAY more torque than my 21FT ever did at 14psi.

Yeah.........and my three liter makes way more torque then your puny 2.3 SO THERE!! Doh!! :-P
So whaddya think Doug... :???: ....Am I in?
Wheelspin the full length of the quarter for me. Rallytires are really not suited to the 1/4 mile gig. The best I could manage was 13.5@ 105. I'd bet that someone who knows how to do it could search this site to find the old pictures of the timeslips.
JL.

JohnLane said:
[quote:36f058bb99="TaderSalad"]ahh, but you make more power... shit thread jack.

take it to another thread :wink:

I can tell you right now my b23FT at 14 psi has WAY more torque than my 21FT ever did at 14psi.

Yeah.........and my three liter makes way more torque then your puny 2.3 SO THERE!! Doh!! :-P
So whaddya think Doug... :???: ....Am I in?
Wheelspin the full length of the quarter for me. Rallytires are really not suited to the 1/4 mile gig. The best I could manage was 13.5@ 105. I'd bet that someone who knows how to do it could search this site to find the old pictures of the timeslips.
JL.[/quote:36f058bb99]

John, you're automatically in :-P I think it's safe to say you have WAY more power than any of us at the moment. (sorry, Doug! :-P)

sorry no ones "automatically in", johns gotta submit the same data as the rest of us. (even though i know he's well above 300 crank hp)

should look at the latest member of the 300+ club... whos putting out 554hp... on a puny 2.3 :badboy:

Is there anyway of showing the HP for each group member..Maybe even being able to sort by HP like you can the members by total post..Would be kind of a king of the hill thing. Just wondering.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet. I'll try to get my times up here after I get my new car, tweak it a bit and take it down to Sears Point, oh wait, Infinion Raceway(bleh).

This is a kew idea guys just wondering though what about us guys that are setting up for more track use. I'm all for quartermile and 0-60 times but what about the twisties. Cause it's not all about a straight line :-P . Just some thought's maybe i'll be there some day.

Mach375 said:
Perhaps take it one step futher and have a club for each 100-HP. 100 club, 200 club, etc.... :e-shrug:

because thats like people with 100k and 200k mile badges - nothing special there :nomex:

Back