• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swedish ops Iamtheonlyreal1 Robert Jackson litigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to join the mob here. I'm not for or against you Robert but you know this website is hostile territory. Why do you insist on posting especially with your lack of any obvious effort for restitution (from my POV).

You keep saying this, but as we all have learned, just because you keep saying something, it doesn't make it true. To the contrary, bankruptcy would be the hard way out. You'd lose your show cars, your equipment (and therefore your business) to your creditors, and then you wouldn't be able to go to SEMA or be on TV or dazzle people with your build threads on various forums, and you'd basically have to start all over again. At the same time, now that you have been criminally charged and restitution is a virtual certainty (whether as part of your sentence or any plea agreement you may reach), you will be on the hook to the customers you have ripped off whether you file for bankruptcy or not, because the obligation to pay restitution is not discharged through bankruptcy.

But hey, if you don't declare bankruptcy, you get to keep all of that stuff (at least for the time being) and keep on doing what you've been doing for years (which apparently includes not giving refunds to customers who have formally demanded them). So don't pretend that you're somehow taking the harder road here.

My guess is that he may have already filed bankruptcy at some point. They won't let you do that over and over again without some period of time in between.

My guess is that he may have already filed bankruptcy at some point. They won't let you do that over and over again without some period of time in between.

That was my thoughts exactly. I'll wager that it's not too difficult to find out if he has filed in the past.

States can seize assets for restitution if it can't be paid out of pocket, if the judge mandates restitution, or if the court order is ignored. They can also freeze assets until it's paid. It is serious charges. If more come forward, it can get even worse. The higher the $$$$$, the worse it gets.

To think this dude isn't hiding his stuff would be ignorance of the highest order right now.

Jail time and/or 6 fines for 5000$ means NOBODY gets their money. I hope this works out for all parties involved.

Sadly, the money is gone. The lawyer probably owns the amazon by now, and anything else that's lying around. Guys like this don't pay people back. I'd guess that the best outcome would be for him to do enough time to make him think twice about this kind of activity in the future. Unfortunately, he'll probably just have enough time to figure out ways to steal without getting caught.

I hate to be a debbie downer here, but I have dealt with embezzlement at a former job. Bookkeeper swindled almost $400k over ten years. She was caught, eventually, and served a whopping two years after an almost 3 year judicial process. The money however, will more than likely never be repaid. Yes, Virginia is a full restitution state. However, there is no timetable on repayment. Her payment schedule? $100 a month. Yep. So in 400,000 years, her debt will be repaid.

I'm holding out hope that everyone involved in this case gets better justice than my former place of employment.

States can seize assets for restitution if it can't be paid out of pocket, if the judge mandates restitution, or if the court order is ignored. They can also freeze assets until it's paid. It is serious charges. If more come forward, it can get even worse. The higher the $$$$$, the worse it gets.

Anyone involved in the case needs to give their lawyers a heads up; watch for him putting all his property in other peoples names.

murderer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back