• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by BritishBrick

1. BritishBrick

Steering wheel upgrade.

Okay.. So.. I have a volvo 240 and i've upgraded my radio to a head unit in the lower dash and an alpine center speaker in the upper slot. BUT it's a touch screen and changing volume etc etc is a pita while driving, so i'd like to swap out the steering wheel for one with radio controls.. I've...
  2. BritishBrick

School me on R-Sport clusters?

Can you make them work in an 88 240? if so, pics n a quick bit of info are worth beer money via paypal :cheers:
  3. BritishBrick

Turbo choice, need help.

In a month or so, I'll have a ported 16v head with upgraded larger valves, a 2.8l crank, yoshi intake and a b204gt exhaust manifold, but I'm stuck as to the turbo to use. Something like this...
  4. BritishBrick

16v Skinny brake booster willwood master cylinder question..

Hi y'all, So i'm looking to vert the 16v i'm building and while i have the skinny brake booster, was looking to skinnify the master cylinder too.. Do you think one of these will work? and give me the clearance for the nathan/yoshi intake i'd like to run...
  5. BritishBrick

Can anyone school me on auto tranny solutions for a vert mount?

Can anyone school me on auto tranny solutions for a vert mount? (I know, I know, "teach the wife stic","don't drive in traffic", etc etc ;) Thanks in advance guys!
  6. BritishBrick

Door Sensor

With the key in the ignition and nothing else going on, there was a constant chime and the dome light stayed on, I assumed that one of the door closure sensing switches was bust, so went to the yard and picked up a handful of sensors from the rear doors of other 240s. Every time I undid the...
  7. BritishBrick

Volvo 240 with Porsche wheels?

My mate is getting custom rims from rent a rim for his car, because he's like that and is willing to let me "look after" his stock rims, because he's like that too.. They're 18x7.5 front et 50, 18x10 rear et 62, Front tires are 225/40/18 and Rears are 265/35/18. I'm no wheel fitment guru and...
  8. BritishBrick

Vert 16v 240 mount solution?

I'm Lame, i'm fair at woodwork, but never learn't to weld so i was somewaht at a loss as to how to mount a vert 16v in my 240. I went on my mates boat the other day and noticed that he had a volvo engine. an upright volvo engine. i started sweating.. I trawled the net as soon as i got home and...
  9. BritishBrick

Bumperless

I park on the driveway at home, valet when we go out or park in a lot, drive pretty safe on the streets and keep my distance from the car in front, so the only time i'd actually need a bumper is if some tool texting on his cell phone went into the back of me (and i'd happily take a fat insurance...
  10. BritishBrick

240 Rear Window Louvers..

I LOVE THESE I have searched the world and only found 2.. a broken one and one attached to a car. I left a note. Does anyone know where these can be bought? does anyone know if there is another cars window louver that fits? can anyone save me from measuring mustang and camaro rear windows to...
  11. BritishBrick

Seats

Hi, Has anyone played with putting different, upgrades seats into their 240? I've seen a S60 at the yard with mint seats and am wondering if they'll fit into my sedan.. Other than going back with a tape measure and a note pad have you guys had any luck?? Thanks in advance!!
  12. BritishBrick

240 Transmission problem

Most of my time in the car is spent on a 3.1 mile "commute" and I rarely go on the freeway. My auto tranny in the 88 240 works fine for this but today on the freeway it was over revving and not changing intonthe higher gear.. I found that if I slightly lifted my foot off of the gas it would...
  13. BritishBrick

Does a 240 tach have a spring?

So, i was at the yard at the weekend and totally lucked out.. 1 set of quads, 1 set of rounds, 2 flathoods, 1 alum bumper and a mint air dam!! and while pulling all of this i was being extra carfull not to scratch the tach and mini clock i had just pulled from a donor, so put it onto of the...
Back