• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Davin

240 Fuel pump wiring/circuit question

Hey everyone, little question for all of you experts. -'81 240 turbo, k-jet -Car was not starting, cold start injector was not spraying fuel. -Determined the main fuel pump was the problem. -Replaced pump and car runs, with the pump hooked to test relay. -Easy so far Getting to my question...
  2. Davin

Did volvo run out of names for wheels?

Draco, 18" x 8"
  3. Davin

240 Lambda Sond light on, no running problems

As the title says, the Lambda Sond light on my dash came on today but there were no changes in the way the car ran. '81 240 turbo, k-jet. *No rough idle, A/F gauge still oscilates from rich to lean all the time. *I was hesitant to do it, but WOT still feels the same, no bucking or anything...
  4. Davin

240 strut retaining nut tool

It appears that IPD no longer sells them, maybe I just cant find it on their site? Do I have to go to the dealership to get one? What have you used to get the retaining nut off without using an impact wrench, and without cutting up a socket and welding a handle onto it? I guess, what "off the...
  5. Davin

240 modifying pcv system

I was wondering if there would be any ill effects of shortening the tube that goes down toward the oil pan from the breather box of the pcv system. Maybe someone has done this? I couldn't find anything by searching. The reason I'm asking is that I always have alot of oil in the charge pipe and...
  6. Davin

Engine mount idea

I went out and bought hockey pucks for a temporary fix for my dead passenger side engine mount, and I never knew that they were so freakin' hard. When I was at the store they had practice pucks that are just hollow. That got me thinkin', cause I've heard of places "injecting" stock engine...
  7. Davin

turbo k-jet air filter

I've just decided napa sucks cause they dont even list the turbo 240's, so the only air filter they had was the flat one for non-turbos. Where have you gone to get a replacement filter, or a better one, even? I've heard about the k&n filters, but they only have a round one and a flat one, not...
  8. Davin

Davin's 240 turbo project

It is an '81 240 turbo. This is my dad's old car, its still in his name, but I have more money in parts in my room for it then what the car is worth...so I consider it mine.:lol: Plus he doesnt want it anymore and hasn't driven it in years. This car was left at my grandparents house sometime in...
  9. Davin

81 240 turbo ignition switch

As some of you may have read in my last thread, about a week ago I tried cleaning my fuse box with a wire brush while the battery was hooked up and the ingition was on. Ooops:oops: After I did that, when I turned the key the fuel pump made no sound, and no warning lights on the dash lit up. If...
  10. Davin

And The Darwin Award goes to......

ME!!!!!:rant: A couple days ago I got a Autometer boost/vacuum gauge and an air/fuel ratio guage. I decided it would be cool to hook them up, so I pulled out the little clock and the stock boost gauge and started testing wires with my meter. Somehow I blew a couple fuses, so I replaced them...
  11. Davin

taking apart my control pressure regulator

I've been doing some researching, and I think that my cpr is part of the reason my 240 doesn't like to start, and why the car is running so lean. So I'm trying to take it apart to see if there is a blockage that is raising the control pressure. Here is where I am. (I'm not going to mess with...
  12. Davin

flathood question

I just have a simple question. Will the hood from a 144 fit onto my '81 242?
  13. Davin

Support bracket for 90+ manifold

I'm putting a 90+ exhaust manifold onto my car. I have the support bracket for the manifold, and the holes for it line up perfectly with a couple of protrusions on the side of the engine block. Here is the bracket: Here are the parts that stick out of the block: (really dirty, I know) I am...
  14. Davin

pcv flame trap question

Here is the pcv flame trap that came off of my car. Car is an 81 240 turbo with the stock b21ft. When I took it off, the middle section was wrapped in electrical tape to block off the hole in the middle. I did a little research, so I know that there is a spot for a small vacuum line that was...
  15. Davin

b230ft exhaust manifold

Hi all, I'm pretty new to volvo's and I'm just looking for a little clarification. I've heard about the better flowing '90+ exhaust manifolds, and was wondering if a b230ft out of a '93 945 turbo would have the better flowing exhaust manifold, and if so would it mount up to the b21ft in my '81...
Back