• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Chino

1986 760ti Front Brakes

Best place to get the one-piece hub/rotor for the front on my 1986 760ti. Or, is there a way to convert them to the 2-piece? oh, and like always, lost the center clear backup lense on rear taillight...need that too for inspection.
  2. Chino

760 acts like a "brick" when cold

After many years, I am back in the volvo club. Missed my old bricks... '86 760 ti auto. 127k miles Did complete tuneup, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, cleaned/adjusted MAF, cleaned throttle body, checked 02 sensors, checked vacuum tubes...Had it in to local shop that friend of mine works on old...
  3. Chino

240 Dash Lights

1990 240DL dash lights (E-brake, battery, oil pressure, and one other) come on slightly at idle, then go away once you hit ~2500 rpm. Then they stay off for a while, but then they come back on when you are sitting at idle at intersection or coasting. Checked all grounds and voltages to...
  4. Chino

240 Random No-start(s)

1990 244DL 5-speed This is the second time in the past 2 months this happened. Go out to my car this morning, tried to start, will not turn over. Everything works (lights, heater, everything). Voltage is good on the battery. Didn't have time to get into it too much this morning (was 5:30 in...
  5. Chino

240 Seepage and more seepage + white stuff

Alright, 1990 240DL 187,xxx miles Issue #1: I just tore apart the whole front end, new thermo, new hoses, belts, etc... I had a coolant seepage coming out the top of the water pump. Tore it apart, replaced all the o-rings, gaskets, etc. Put it back together at proper torque specs. Still...
  6. Chino

Eating Tires

Not sure if I should put this in this section or not, feel free to move if warranted. 02S60T5M Put a brand new set of the Bridgestone G019 Grid 94V 235-45-R17s back last December, put ~17k miles on them, rotated every 3k religiously. Coming home from Pittsburgh last night noticed some...
  7. Chino

S/V/C Brake Failure

ok, so not really, but let me explain. 02S60T5M started about 2 weeks ago. When doing numerous starts and stops, or traffic driving, the trip odometer goes to "-----", the speedo goes to zero, and the message reads "Brake Failure, Stop Safely". Seems to be more frequent the hotter it is...
  8. Chino

S/V/C Wet Bottom

02S60T5M When it rains really hard, the front passenger side floor gets wet, soaking wet. I checked the drain port that runs down behind the hood, it was semi-clogged, got it cleared up, and it did it again. My mechanic checked the condensate drain off the AC, that was fine. Can it come down...
  9. Chino

240 gauge cluster questions

A couple of quick questions, any help is welcomed. First, is there any quick way of fixing the trip reset button without getting a whole new cluster? Second, never noticed this before, even having the cluster out countless time, what is the small button down in the bottom right corner that has...
  10. Chino

Interior Smoke - Wahoo

Aight, never had this one before. Need some help. Got in the wife's car (02S60T5M), put keys in ignition, alarm started to go off, rear passenger window went down, smoke poured out from under the steering wheel. Now I got no windows, no power locks, no truck release, no dash lights. Didn't...
  11. Chino

Rear Diff Leak

Got a massive leak out of the diff cover gasket. Just wondered if anyone has any unforseen difficulties for me with replacing the gasket before I go diving into it. 90 244DL
  12. Chino

I'm scared!!!

Has anyone ever drilled out the gas bumper shocks and de-pressurized them? I keep crawling under the car to do it and I keep seeing the BIG HUGE WARNING label that says DO NOT PUNCTURE, MAY CAUSE EXPLOSION!!! Anyways, I'm scared. Anyone out there offer a reassurance through experience? 90...
  13. Chino

Gas Filling Issue - Very Bizarre and more...

Aight, where to start. Car: 02S60T5M, 59k miles First: Wifey calls me yesterday at work and says she tried to fill up and after about a half a gallon, fill port overflows, trips the nozzle, shuts the pump off. Tries a couple of times, gets only about 2 gallons in, gives up. So last night...
  14. Chino

Keys...yes I lost them

Not sure which topic area to put this in, but I am down to one key left, lost the master key in one of the 4 ice storms we have had in the past 2 weeks. Anyways, anyone know how to go about getting a new master key cut? I have the door key, but it does not open the trunk, and since I took...
  15. Chino

Random Clunk

'02 S60 T5, only 54k miles Alright, drove around for the last 30 minutes and finally figured out WHEN it happens. Has been happening for some time, but only recently gotten worse. When you go over a hump or a crest in a the road (basically decreasing the weight on the front wheels), there is...
  16. Chino

Nice Turkey

The turkey provides a very nice holiday touch for the day...
  17. Chino

Sudden Death on Highway

Aight, lets start from the top. Read through numerous threads, but nothing seems quite the same scenario. car: 1990 244DL First off, battery died back in May, so replaced that with a brand spanking new one. Checked alternator, charging perfectly. Second, car has seen the road very little...
  18. Chino

TB'er in Mifflinburg, PA

Not sure if this is the right section, but I am trying to locate Blake from Mifflinburg. He had an 89 244 and recently bought a 242, dragged both of them at BSD. Trying to find out how he did in points for the year and how the "new" old car is coming. Dude, stop by or PM me if you get this...
  19. Chino

Classified Section Idea

Has anyone ever explored the option of making the classified section more "craigslist" style than "thread" style? Just an idea... Chino
  20. Chino

New idea for TB

we have stickers we have (had) apparel we have members the only thing left, is a calendar Monthly "Cars of TurboBricks" "300+ Hp Bricks" "Girls of TurboBricks" "Wifes of TurboBricksters" (may give us more options) "Girlfriends of TurboBricksters" (even more options) "Life Partners of...
Back