• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Canadan

240 charging problems (exciter wire)

I've got an 88 240 that had a bosch 80amp until about a month ago I killed it with a big mud puddle. It would charge at idle sometimes but the more rpm I gave it the weaker the voltage it put out. 13 at idle, down to 11.9-12.3 at higher rpm. I had the alternator tested and it was found to be...
  2. Canadan

problem setting lh2.2 ignition timing

Hey guys, I've got a 240 with ezk from a 740 turbo and I'm having a crazy issue when checking the ignition timing. When I hook up a timing light the mark just rotates 360 around the crank instead of sitting still. Even when I move the distributor back and forth the mark doesnt stop or even slow...
  3. Canadan

Weird blinker issue

85 240 turbo, started a month or so back but i havent used the car much. Heres what happens, get random relay clicking (speed of a blinker relay with a bulb out, ie double speed) and the blinkers wouldnt work. Then randomly they would work again all the while i get random clicking of the relay...
  4. Canadan

740 engine bay dimensions?

Anyone know how much room under the hood of a 1988 740? Width between the strut towers. Distance from the firewall to the radiator. Top of the cross member to the top of the struts. Asking for a friend, sold my 740 2 years ago and knew i could help him and get a quick answer from you guys
  5. Canadan

85 b21ft head bolt tty question

Tried searching via google, i recall early cars having non torque to yeild head bolts but never paid much attention cause the cars i had were tty. Now i have an 85 244 turbo that i had to pull the head off to fix some exhaust manifold studs someone ****ed and need to know if the 85 b21ft is tty...
  6. Canadan

240 production numbers by year and or color?

I'm trying to find some numbers but it seems pretty difficult. With muscle cars or whatever it's super easy to find info like how many green 68 challengers with white interior or whatever. I've found, on a uk Volvo site the number of 1985-1985 244 were made but that's the most info it offered...
  7. Canadan

Kjet m47 "hanging" idle between shifts?

So the car is a mostly stock (exhaust and boost controller) b21ft 1984 244 that's been swapped to an m47. I've never owned or driven another manual Volvo so I don't know what to compare it to, when I mash the clutch to engage the next gear it takes about 2 or 3 Mississippis before the revs start...
  8. Canadan

Cleaning kjet fuel distributor

Dealing with fueling issues for a while on my 85 244ti. I believed the cpr to be out of adjustment slightly but when I took it off for the 10th time I noticed it puked varnished Amber fuel out, which is weird cause I know it's clean both before and after the filter so I'm thinking the...
  9. Canadan

Help! Hit puddle now cars dead

88 240 lh2.2 and ezk. Was going 15mph through a neighborhood and hit a water puddle on the drivers side, car started getting lean instantly on any throttle then I shut it down and won't restart. Has fuel pressue (gauge) but the distributor had a couple water drops on it when I opened the hood...
  10. Canadan

Swedish vs American tuning

I recall reading on here a while back something stating why the stuff built by swedes is they tune engines differently than Americans but I can't recall what it is that person said they did and no I don't think it was John v. maybe it was Americans run too much boost and fuel and not enough timing?
  11. Canadan

Kjet turbo running lean

Help! So I've had this car for 2 or so months and it never ran 100%, it sounded okay just didn't pull right. I got my wideband swapped over and during the first 30 sec-one min it's normal and rich like it should be but just after that it starts leaning out slowly. The gauge showes 18:1 and more...
  12. Canadan

Anyone have or had a 240 police car?

I know they are fairly rare, I haven't seen any production numbers though. Mainly asking about America seeing as they were more rare here but I'd be interested in info on euro models if anyone's got any info.
  13. Canadan

Are all fuel relays the same?

Ive heard there's a few different colors but im not as interested in that but rather year differences. Ive got an 88 245 lh2.2 and about to pick up a 85 kjet turbo 244, if the parts are the same id like to bring my 88's fuel pump relay with me cause its a 8hr drive. So does an 88 lh2.2 and 85...
  14. Canadan

245 tent?

Ive seen some tent contraptions for suvs but has anyone seen one for 245? Basic idea is pop the liftgate and attach a three walled tent to the opening. Planning on visiting the mississippi blues trail when it warms up a bit and I thought that would be more fun than a standalone tent
  15. Canadan

how long is your oil lamp illuminated after starting?

Just looking for a general idea here...I guess I never noticed before or maybe its gotten worse. Perhaps this stp filter doesnt have as good of an antidrainback valve as the wix I usually run. Personally its a second almost two.
  16. Canadan

weird starting issue.

Car is an 88 240 with lh2.2 and ezk ignition with amm on the "wrong" side. Car has been down a while replacing the trans and today was the first test drive. Car started and ran fine in the garage multiple times but on the road a oil cooler line came loose pissed oil under where the alt is. I...
  17. Canadan

waveguide pistons?

I know what im getting into here. But I want to know what actual benefits come from "waveguided" pistons. All the site says is a computer told them to make it that way. Would coated pistons not be a better "gimmick" than fancy shapes on top of $600 pistons? Cause there is actual science and...
  18. Canadan

stupid mistake left amm unplugged

Car is a 88 240 with lh2.2 and ezk +t. I was checking boost leaks and found one in the amm so I sealed it but stupid me forgot to plug it back in. I didnt notice cause its open downpipe cause I just finished the +t yesterday so its hard to hear much. Anyways went for a drive and it wouldnt build...
  19. Canadan

low rpm stalling

Car is a 1988 245 b230f aw70 that I just converted to lh2.2 ezk and turbo ecu anticipating a +t but after changing out a dead intank pump ive got a weird issue that I didnt have with the dead pump. Only after I come to a stop and press the gas again like at a stop sign. It starts to accelerate...
  20. Canadan

Td04 oil feed fitting size

So I searched the hardware FAQ and it lists a 12x1.25 so I ordered that with 4an fitting. That doesn't fit on my old 13c. I saw some threads say 12x1.25 and some said 12x1.5. This is severely agrivating that our sticky is wrong.
Back