• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. black 940

Upper strut mount?

I need new mounts and have heard and had bad luck with URO parts. Does anyone know where I can get another brand or do I need to go oem? Also where can I buy these parts from at the best price?
  2. black 940

1987 740 turbo no fuel

I finally got the car to start with some starting fluid. I had to replace the computer on the driver side. Now I still don't have any fuel (no pump, no injector pulse (felt), and no other signs of fuel). Is the computer on the passenger footwell for the fuel? Where do I go from here besides...
  3. black 940

performance exhaust

Is there any place that still makes a bolt on performance exhaust for the 940 Turbo? I need a front muffler and the over the axle pipe and would like an upgrade.
  4. black 940

'87 740 Turbo no start

I just rescued a sad 740 Turbo wagon. It ran fine when last attempted to start (friends old car). I am not getting any spark when attempting to start. Where should I start? I have checked all the wiring to the best of my abilities. The wires going to the hall sensor on distributor look a...
  5. black 940

M46 conversion question

What all do I need from the donor car? I know trans, cross member, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, pedals. Is the drive shaft different and anything else I should know about? I found a car at the local scrap yard that has a complete M46 in it '91 740.
  6. black 940

A/C clutch removal

Has anyone removed the a/c clutch from a '96 960. I have a new compressor on the car that the clutch is no good on and the old compressor that the clutch is good on. I want to swap them. Can someone tell me how to pull the clutch.
  7. black 940

Head question

I am doing a headgasket on a '93 940 NA and the head is about .003-.004in off of flat when checked with a straight edge and feelers. Is this ok to throw back on or do we need to have the head shaved? The car did overheat.
  8. black 940

5 speeed

I know this has been discussed, but can someone advise me on a direct swap in 5 speed trans. I would prefer not to do many modifications this is for a '93 945 turbo. Is an M46 going to work? If it does will the flywheel have the crank sensor ring to pick up the sensor.
  9. black 940

Transmission

I am going to be swapping my trans out for another autotragic. I have found several N/A 940s and wonder if the trans. will all be the same (in terms of driveshaft length, shifter linkage etc...). I know that n/a s use a locking torque converter which I think I may like other than that I think...
  10. black 940

960 suspension question

Has anyone used the 960 control arms from FCP Groton? If so, can you advise on the quality? I have bought other items and have been very disapointed with them.
  11. black 940

Leather question

I just bought a very nice set of seat covers for my 940, however the bottom leather is very dry (not cracked yet), I would like to get some suggestions on how to soften the leather back up. I have already soaked the outside of them in Lexol. Bring on the suggestions.
  12. black 940

Fuel pressure regulator

I searched fuel pressure regulator and came up with nothing. I took the vacume line off my fpr today and it smells of fuel, am I correct in assuming time for a new one? I have been getting poor gas mileage around 20mpg in my '93 945 Turbo and am thinking this and the O2 sensor may be to blame...
  13. black 940

Shock question

I need new rear shocks as I hit a large pothole and blew the rt. rear shock out. Are the GR2's good on these cars? Should I replace the strut inserts at the same time or just the shocks? Please give driving impressions on any shocks-struts that you guys have had and liked, this is going to be...
  14. black 940

Suspension binding

I have a '96 960 That I just put ball joints, out tie rods, control arm bushings, and upperstrut mounts on. Now when I turn the wheel had to the left it pops and will start pulling badly to the left, if I turn it back hard to the right it does not pull at all. Any input on this would be apreciated.
  15. black 940

Front suspension binding

I have a '96 960 That I just put ball joints, out tie rods, control arm bushings, and upperstrut mounts on. Now when I turn the wheel had to the left it pops and will start pulling badly to the left, if I turn it back hard to the right it does not pull at all. Any input on this would be...
  16. black 940

'96 960 tie rod question, please help!!

I am in the midst of redoing all the bushing, ball joints and tie rods on our 960 wagon. I have most everything done and got to looking at the new inner tie rods I recieved and they have no indention for a wrench on them. Does anyone know how to change these? I am toying with the idea of sending...
  17. black 940

Gas mileage

What kind of gas mileage should I be getting on my 945 Turbo? I am getting 20 mpg that is about 75% highway. Does that sound correct? I am used to my 940 NA that got closer to 27 with the same driving.
  18. black 940

Cruise problem. '93 945 Turbo

I have searched and found a few suggestions. Here are my symptoms. I can engage cruis and it seems to work ok until I hold it to accelerate and then it looses speed and quits working. It will only work for about 30 seconds to 1 minute without loosing speed. This is on a '93 945 Turbo...
  19. black 940

Waste Gate Pin broken, HELP!!!!

I broke the cotter pin on my waste gate acuator on both ends clean to the waste gate arm. I have tried everything I can think of to get it out. I don't want to have to pulle the turbo. I am currently trying to drill it with my drmel and a 90 degree adaptor. Anyother thoughts?
  20. black 940

Comp. numbers

Well I have been trying to chase down a noise and got frustrated and decided to run a compression check on my new engine. Number1= 125 #2=109 #3=121 #4=148 So what are you thoughts? Anyone have a good squirter block for sale that has good compression? Anyone want a pretty squirter block to...
Back