• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. V

240 Windshield and Gasket, 90-93

Like so many parts the later 240 windshield is nla, so I had a shop put in an aftermarket one, but they messed it up, as the gasket is too narrow (outside rubbrer gasket) and has gaps at the corners and barely reaches the cowl metal. Since the OE windshield came with a bonded plastic trim around...
  2. V

S/V/C 99 V70 GLT E-Fan

Maybe I'm insane, but I just picked up a '99 V70 GLT, low miles, cheap, but many problems, and the first to address is the e-fan that is not working, no grounding to activate the relay. Does anyone know where the ground originates? I get a constant 170k ohms, whether the temp is at or above...
  3. V

Vapor Canister Valve

On my 245 the vapor canister is a one-piece part made by Rochester in the USA, p/n 17056292AM. Recently I found some white, powdery crud stuck in the inlet to the valve from the line from the tank. Since the valve is not replaceable by itself, I cleaned the valve out first with TB cleaner and...
  4. V

LH 3.1 AMM NLA -Solution: 850 LH 3.2 AMM?

In my quest for a replacement for the elusive LH 3.1 AMM which is NLA new or re-man, I looked into aftermarket suppliers for the Bosch 3.1 AMM 0 280 217 001 and came up empty, and with dissapointment after trying a China made part: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=273886 During my...
  5. V

The New Red Wagon - 97 855 T-5

I just picked up clean 97 850 T-5 wagon in metallic Regent Red, 168,000 miles. I was really shopping for another 960 wagon, but came across this beauty I couldn't pass up. The engine runs smooth and turbo pulls great, drives well and has sport suspension, TRACS, transmission is silky...
  6. V

AIPElectronics for AMM Repair?

Anybody ever used these guys for AMM or buy the guts for a re-build? Far cheaper than the elusive 3.1 AMM http://www.aipelectronics.com/index.php/find-parts/mass-air-flow-sensor-for-1990-1993-volvo-240.html I had thought the 'guts' of the 3.1 AMM were the same as an 850 AMM but there is a...
  7. V

XC70-Decision To Make, Buy it?

So I'm shopping for a wagon, and looking at XC70's so I can do some snow and mountian climbing better than the old 350k miles 245 that needs some work, lots of work. I found an '04 XC70 AWD that is in great condition, interior is impecable, not a hint of torn or wear on the leather, silver body...
  8. V

LH 2.1 Injectors - What Have You Tried?

I was going through the listings of injectors for LH 2.0/2.1 and came up with a few different numbers, and info from Stan Weiss injector page: 0 280 150 734 19 lb/hr 200cc/min 15.9 ohm 0 280 155 821 14 lb/hr 150cc/min 15.9 ohm The one's in my car, a Calif 84 244 B23F using the xxx...
  9. V

Call it Blue, 84 244 DL

10. V

240 '84 LK 2.0 FP Relay Wiring

Have a quick quesion regarding the '84 240 w/B23F wiring for the fuel pump relay. I understand the voltage to the fuel pumps eminate from the FPR term 87, which gets the supply via the 16 amp fuse #7, which comes from the accessory junction block. Where is the switching voltage to the FPR come...
  11. V

71 145S White M41 4-Speed OD Project Car

Yeah, I needed another Volvo station wagon. Here's my latest find, couldn't pass it up, too good cond overall and maybe close to DD status in the near future. Needs a few things, doesn't run well, a distributor prob with timing, B20B has a Weber conversion DGV which is in need of a rebuild...
  12. V

960 Current Drain on 960/S/V90 When Parked?

What is a typical battery drain on a '97 960 when parked? My '97 960 has been draining the battery when parked for a couple weeks, won't start and takes a good charge. The battery tested OK, and alternator is working fine. I tested the current drain from all fuses and found that of the 130 mA...
  13. V

960 Cruise Control - Fault Codes?

Trying to diagnose a cruise control intermittent in my '97 960. Reading up on it I see there are fault diagnostic codes in 3-digit format, i.e. 1-1-3, 2-3-3 etc. How are these codes accessed? Is it necessary to have a Volvo diagnostic tool to do this? Can a test light connected to the OBDII...
  14. V

Another Two-Forty-Two

My next resto project, a '78 242 DL I picked up a couple weeks ago. It's a car that has a high compression '82 B23F motor swap with the orig K-Jet, M45 manual trans, and runs pretty well. The interior has been replaced with the late 245 cloth, same as I have in my '91 245. It came to me needing...
  15. V

TX Fall Meet & Thanksgiving Feast

The TVC/VCOA fall meet will be held at my house on Nov 6th, 2010. This is the 3rd annual Thanksgiving Feast, and like always, I'll be cooking a turkey on the grill and do some wrenching in the garage. Meet details: When: Sat Nov 6, 2010, 11 am to 5 pm or whenever you get up after a big dinner...
  16. V

Ambient Temp Gage? 960

So I went to the P&P yesterday and found a '95 960 with what I thought would be a trip computer, but after getting it out loks like a simple ambient temp gage. Could it be both or am I mistaken? It is located in the lower left corner of the cluster. Also, looks like the car is pre-wired for...
  17. V

960 Weird A/C Problem

My '97 960 has a wierd problem with the A/C, where the side vents blow cold as ice, but the center two vents blow cool air. Not warm, but not cold. I've previously had problems on a 960 where the air diverter valve failed and mixed warm air with the cold air, and the A/C just wasn't cooling, on...
  18. V

Oil-vey! Yet Another Oil Thread

Have any of you bricksters seen the absence of synthetic or synthetic blend oil in 15w-40 on the shelf lately? As many of you know this is the recommended weight for the redblocks, especially for summer viscosity or harsh, towing, high sped driving conditions. Well it has all but diasappeared...
  19. V

Bulbs for SA 815 Radio

Anybody ever attempt to replace the tiny little bulbs in an SA 815 radio? Re: '97 960 Premium Sound System. I pulled the faceplate from a j/y radio and they came out crumbled. Does the back plate also need to come out? It looked like they could come out like a twist-loc but to no avail. How...
  20. V

Little Red Wagon - '97 960

OK, here's the new addition to my Volvo stable. I just drove it home last night. I took this car in trade when I sold the V70 T, got the car, paid the note, and a few $k cash. Just think, two Volvo's and no payments. Yeah!! I've been looking for a great shape 960, preferably a sedan, but when I...
Back