• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. fortbrick

1988 740 Crank/No Start

1988 740 turbo lh 2.2 m46 car. Car developed a crank/no start condition that has progressively gotten worse. Sometimes the car starts on its second or third try at cranking but lately it has taken over a minute of on/off attempts. Recently the car has also began shutting off while driving...
  2. fortbrick

QSRC & R Brakes on a 7/9

Hopefully there is a relatively easy solution to this question, but here goes. Car in question is a ‘88 740t, but this *should* apply to all 740’s with separate hub and rotor, and most if not all 940’s. Has anyone put R brakes on the front of a 7/9 series car that also has Ben’s quick steer...
  3. fortbrick

12b to hybrid 15g/19t swap

Finally getting around to swapping my car over from the stock setup to something a bit more potent. Car is an '88 740t with b230ft, factory turbo car. Going from the original log manifold and 12b to a 90+ and hybrid 15g/19t. Have the 90+ manifold, turbo, 3" downpipe from jao, and a wastegate...
  4. fortbrick

240 Pre-purchase inspection 1986 240

Good evening fellow brickers, A nice looking 1986 240 with a "4 speed manual" (I assume m46) popped up on Craigslist and I'm interested in picking it up. What are the major things to look for good/bad with a 240 of this vintage? He's asking a thousand bucks and the body panels all appear to be...
  5. fortbrick

M46 overdrive issue

Car is a '88 745t Up until recently the overdrive in my car has worked as it normally should. A few days ago when I hit the od button, the light came on the dash but the car did not "shift" into 5th/od for about 15 seconds. I went to drive the car this morning and now, even after leaving the...
  6. fortbrick

740 Steering Issues

My '88 745 turbo is having a steering issue (I am lead to believe it is the power steering pump starting to go out) and I am looking for a little advice. The car has always leaked a brownish fluid since I have owned it (almost a year now) and I always thought that it was a small oil leak from...
  7. fortbrick

Stock b230ft turbo/exhaust ticking

Since I got my 745t wagon it has had this tick and it's starting to because more noticable. It's making the car feel more sluggish (surprisingly that can actually happen" and it's getting about 15mpg compared to around low to mid 20's when I got it. It's probably something really obvious that I...
  8. fortbrick

Gathering ideas. What do you think?

I've been wanting to add a little extra oomph to my wagon. A considerable amount actually. What I am working with: '88 745 turbo. Healthy all the way around. New head gasket less than a 1,000 miles ago. m46 trans recently serviced and clutch replaced. Lh 2.2 efi. The car has just over 250k...
  9. fortbrick

740 Wagon tail light wiring

So, being the idiot that I am I didn't take any note of which wires go where when I took the tail lights off of my wagon and now they aren't lighting up properly. Does anyone have a picture of where the wires should be? I'm terrible when it comes to reading wiring diagrams, otherwise I would...
  10. fortbrick

First oil change of ownership

Hey everyone. Looking for some recommendations choosing an oil for my car. The car is a '88 745t (b230ft) with an m46 trans. It has just over 250k. I don't drive the car when it's cold outside if that factors in to anything. (It's been sitting all winter) I would prefer to use a fully...
  11. fortbrick

Andy's '88 745 turbo project

’88 Volvo 745 Turbo
  12. fortbrick

740 Help with adapting wheels

Looking into getting a set of wheels. The size on all four is 16x8, but two of them are et16 and two are et0. I can possibly get all four of them in et0, et16, or two of each (et0 in the rear if staggered). So, I am looking for recommendations of thickness in adapter for my 745t with fronts in...
  13. fortbrick

740 Idle Kickdown?

Should be a pretty simple fix. Haven't had the problem before (owned since new) and a few searches still has the question unanswered. '89 744 2.3 n/a LH 2.4 car, aw72 accumulator modded trans. Nothing aftermarket under the hood. Car likes to rev up to around 1800k rpm when sitting in park...
  14. fortbrick

740 Gauge Cluster Wiring Mishap

Friend of mine took my gauge cluster apart to "clean it" .... I don't know why, it was already clean. Long story short, he completely disassembled it to the last screw and expected me to know where it all went. Everything works but the tach and the backlighting adjustment. When the key is in...
  15. fortbrick

740 Differential Question

I'm ready to move on from the one-wheel-peel days and outfit the rear end of my car with a lsd of some sort. I have a lead on a stock g80 differential out of a 965. It has a 3.31 ring gear on it at the moment and could have the counterweight modification done to it if that would be a good idea...
  16. fortbrick

Clear Corners on a 7?

Recently did a few searches and got no results that have pictures, or info either really... Does anyone have pictures, I don't care really if it's your car or not, but I'm just wondering how it looks. I know the volvette has them, but I'd like to see them on a car with the traditional year...
  17. fortbrick

740 Stereo Electrical Shorting

Ran into a bit of a problem with my wiring recently. First, I was stupid enough to try hard wiring a non-oe power antenna without a built-in relay on it to the original connection point (which now I believe has f****d something up...) so I hunted down a little bit where it might be shorting at...
  18. fortbrick

Critique My Stereo

Decided to create a high quality system using components that my father had used over the years. Used a Clarion DRX9255 head unit, Zapco SP7-S 7 band equalizer, USD Audio 7" mid-bass door speakers mounted behind the door panels, USD Audio Waveguide horns under the dash, 1000w RMS 10" Intercooled...
  19. fortbrick

Andy's '89 740 project

Stereo & Electronics: Clarion DRX9255 Zapco SP7-SL 7-band equalizer USD Audio 7" mid-bass door speakers USD Audio Waveguide horns 1000w RMS 10” JBL intercooled subwoofer mounted in the back seat armrest Jacobs AccuVolt FR-1500W voltage regulator Zapco Z150S2 75w RMS amps for left/right...
  20. fortbrick

740 Door lock troubleshooting

I'm running an Ungo security system on my car (Made by Clarion) and just recently, about a week ago or so, it's performance has become iffy. I take it that all of cars do not allow the locking of the driver door when it is open? I removed the door dinger ground from the driver door because i...
Back